What Does Yours Travel In?

I bought this cheap hanging one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000UPNE7Q/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1360592752&sr=8-1&pi=SL75 to see if I liked the hang-up thing before going leather. Now I'm not sure that the larger ones would suit me as well - this has tended to spend a lot of its working life hung outside in the sun with things inside it drying. I like it a lot.

I've got a King Of Shaves vinyl roll up type thing that hangs up, plenty of compartments and space in it, and a mesh section so that you can store damp items without them going mouldy. It's about 10 years old now, not sure if they still make that particular brand of bag anymore, but I'm pretty sure someone must make a similar type.
My current fav' though is a very basic clear plastic zip up wash / cosmetic bag from Superdrug, cost around £3, It's tough, waterproof(ish), and if I'm panicking and in a rush or trying to find something then I can check what's in it without having to empty everything out.

One like this:

FMG77800_b.jpg

I have one of these which does the job nicely (from Snugpak). It fits in everything - from shave stick to sewing kit - and I like the fact you can hang it up. It was under a tenner from Amazon.

31l3jVt46ML._SL500_.jpg

Burgundy said:
I have one of these which does the job nicely (from Snugpak). It fits in everything - from shave stick to sewing kit - and I like the fact you can hang it up. It was under a tenner from Amazon.

31l3jVt46ML._SL500_.jpg

Yeah snugpak are a good make, they do a lot of military supplies.

Furn4ce said:
Burgundy said:

31l3jVt46ML._SL500_.jpg

Im looking for something for my holidays and i like the look of this think i may get one

andrewm said:
Furn4ce said:
Burgundy said:

31l3jVt46ML._SL500_.jpg

Im looking for something for my holidays and i like the look of this think i may get one

Cheap and looks excellent....http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/snugpak_essential_wash_bags/

Could be on the pre-holiday purchase list, but that is not until June....

Northam Saint said:
Just seen next have some Harris Tweed wash bags back in the sale. Would post a link but the stock changes very quickly, got to next.co.uk, clearance, men, accessories. Loads of Harris Tweed stuff there at the moment, but may go pretty quickly.

I'll let you know. I'm picking up the wash bag and pencil case (for my razors) on Thursday.....

:)

I have wash bags from Acqua di Geo (long time ago!) and Cerruti 1881. I also have another from Acqua di Parma. All came free with a certain amount of fragrance or a particular gift set.

Between them I store a couple of travel-size fragrances, balm, Nivea creme in a small size, travel brush by Edwin Jagger and Palmolive Shave Stick. Most recently purchased a CF Lavender travel size shaving cream pod, which I will also put in the travel bag... if I can put it down for 5 minutes!!!

Adidas or Nike shoe bag. Cheap (under a tenner) very roomy and waterproof/washable.

Come in different styles (single zip, twin zip etc) and easily replaceable.

Used one for 15+ years in the RAF, and that bag travelled a lot!

Easily keeps leaky items within the bag.....

Not as luxurious as tweed or leather, but extremely functional and cost effective.......

Cyril

Back
Top Bottom