What grinds your gears?

We seem to have more than our fair share of cyclist here, what bugs me is when they go two abreast down rods with double lines in the middle, nightmare. But what makes it worse is them not using the perfectly safe cycle route running alongside. Or the ones with no lights, the ones who skip through traffic lights nearly knocking pedestrians over and ones that wobble too much.

A cyclist (lone) can chose if s/he wishes to "take the lane" as described by Carl above. This simply means the cyclist uses the whole of the lane i.e. ride in the centre of the lane. This can be done to stop chancers trying to overtake when really there is no room/not enough space etc...

Cycle paths are all very well and good and I use them when cycling with the family, however they are generally not maintained, are used by dog walkers/pedestrians and are simply not suitable for a "Road Cyclist" travelling at ~20mph+. They are often covered in dog sh*t, algae/moss/slime etc... and a road bike tyre cannot grip in these circumstances...

Bullet point 6 rules out the use of cycle paths for most serious road cyclists...
http://webarchive.nationalarchives....e/2004/ltnwc/annexdcodeofconductnoticefor1688

But like what I said above:
It is about all road user being polite, courteous and staying within the law....

The cycles lanes where I live are new (like a lot of the roads), clean, no grids, separate from the pedestrian path and usually have less rubbish on them than the main roads themselves.
Still cyclists choose to use the single-lane road. Go figure!
I can understand to a certain extent if the cyclist is all Lycra-clad and is zooming along as a sport but we get old geezers in wellies wobbling along on clapped out bikes.

The busy-body bureaucrats would decided to implement the Cookie Law whereby we are given the choice to accept cookies on webpages every time we visit a new site. Does anyone actually not accept these cookies? What a waste of time and clicks.
If people don't understand it after accepting for the hundredth time they shouldn't be using the internet. Enough already, where's the button to say "just accept all the bloody cookies and leave me alone"?

Horses that decide to have a dump in the road just off your drive so the manure gets stuck in your tyres and wheel arches.

Why don't horse riders have to clean up after the horse like dog owners have to?

The busy-body bureaucrats would decided to implement the Cookie Law whereby we are given the choice to accept cookies on webpages every time we visit a new site. Does anyone actually not accept these cookies? What a waste of time and clicks.
If people don't understand it after accepting for the hundredth time they shouldn't be using the internet. Enough already, where's the button to say "just accept all the bloody cookies and leave me alone"?

If one were to draw a Venn diagram showing people who care about internet privacy, and people who don't know what cookies are the intersection would be minimal. It is ridiculous and I too am sick of being prompted to accept them every time I visit a webpage. With that said, it's less annoying than being nagged to use Tapatalk every time I visit a forum from my phone or tablet.

I find motorists who "wobble too much" are a great danger to others - swingers right in order to make a left turn, lane changers with no indication and no apparent use of mirrors, those without knowledge of the width of their vehicle, de dah ...

And while I am having a pre-coffee whinge - off-roaders who tear up bridle paths and render them impassable to all but other off-roaders.

Why don't horse riders have to clean up after the horse like dog owners have to?
India is the place for you, then! - wandering cows, how many dogs, camels, elephants, not so many horses I'll admit. An elephant pile is enough to rapidly dismount an entire family from it's moped.

Because horse sh*t doesn't carry parasites and diseases like dog sh*t and they'd need a bloody big poo bag [emoji23]
But it stinks.
And if it gets under the car the stench follows you around.

India is the place for you, then! - wandering cows, how many dogs, camels, elephants, not so many horses I'll admit. An elephant pile is enough to rapidly dismount an entire family from it's moped.
India isn't so bad.
At least they pick it up and use it for dung fires.
The aristocracy see it as a 'gift' to the commoners ;)
I should return the favour and have a dump in their garden.

Political alert! Political alert! Political alert! The words aristocracy, commoners and 1st Class have been used in the last two posts - please close this thread.

Apart from people who post consecutively in threads, I do find the use of the expression '... should of...' instead of '...should have...' quite annoying.

Back
Top Bottom