What HAVE I done now?

Hi,

Following advice on here I am well sorted with an Edwin Jagger DE89 with barley handle and a Vuflix 404 brush. I am getting the best shaves I have ever had, and even enjoying the process.

However, I was recently perusing the Bay, and came across a Vintage Rocket. Everyone seems to rate them quite highly, and so a couple of hours later....

Anyway, it arrived today, and it seems to be in fine fettle. There are a couple of scratches on the head (which I knew about), but otherwise good, with a smooth action. Of course, the real test will come tomorrow when I try it...

Snaps:-

Is this the start of a new "thing", will I be able to resist a W2 Gillette? Who knows.

Sorry for rambling on,

Regards,

White.

With apologies to Sting & The Police:

"Because shaving is like anything you take to
It's a habit-forming need for more and more."

I started out with a vintage Rocket. I've currently got 16 DE Razors and a few more on the wish list...

:icon_lol: Ho well, it was only a matter of time before the vintage razor shaving thing was going to happen, you've opened a hole new can of possibility's right there:s

Could I enable you to go into the lending pool sir? Go on, I think there's a few vintage razors knocking around.......try before you buy...... That's it I'm typing no more,as I'm not going to be accused of turning you into a...............vintage razor junky :icon_razz:

Whitefiver said:
John said:
Could I enable you to go into the lending pool sir?

Good idea, I'll maybe take a look.

Oh d@mn, sounds as thought I might have caught the bug, doesn't it!

Regards,

White.
Yep, looks like it:icon_razz: look on the bright side at least with the lending pool you could find a WOW razor and then go hunting for it.

I have to confess when I first joined TSR (some one who will remain nameless) said something along the lines of "don't neglect the vintage razors" and I thought "that's disgusting using some old razor", but I soon discovered that they are a thing of beauty.
As things ( apart from some and the top end razors that cost £100 + just aren't made to the same standards) in my humble opinion.

John said:
:icon_lol: Ho well, it was only a matter of time before the vintage razor shaving thing was going to happen, you've opened a hole new can of possibility's right there:s

Could I enable you to go into the lending pool sir? Go on, I think there's a few vintage razors knocking around.......try before you buy...... That's it I'm typing no more,as I'm not going to be accused of turning you into a...............vintage razor junky :icon_razz:

Superb enabling, John - up to our Chicagoan's standards of Dodgy (ahem!) work!:icon_rolleyes::angel::icon_razz:

I was quite happy with my Merkur Futur then thought I would sample one from the Lending Pool.....then another.Thought I might try a vintage Gillette ...... well maybe two. Two months later with 27 vintage razors of my own I wonder how it all happened so quickly. A kind of retail shaving therapy I suppose.

chrisbell said:
John said:

Superb enabling, John - up to our Chicagoan's standards of Dodgy (ahem!) work!:icon_rolleyes::angel::icon_razz:

:icon_lol:I'll take a small bow for the enabling :blush:but if Mr white is going down that slippery pole of no return,He might as well investigate what TSR members have to offer :angel:

Well, I must say this Rocket shaves as well as it looks. Put a Derby in (not my favourite) and my first shave was excellent.

Early days, but I still think I prefer my EJ.

However, I might just look out for a Gillette Tech........

Regards,

White.

(wondering if there is a cure... :blush: )

Back
Top Bottom