What is in your travel kit?

Weekend, holidays, we all travel at one point, and of course we can't take the whole bathroom shelf with us..
What are you taking, and what do you put it in?

I'll go first:
For weekends, I'll take my Rocket HD/or Flare tip, my 100g tub of Nanny's lavender, and my Simpsons Beaufort B1 and a packet of Super Thins. (the B1 has been relegated to travel since the arrival of fido's brush)

On longer stays, I'd probably pop in Fidos brush instead of the B1, and add maybe the Avene shave cream.

Of course the Nivea ASB and the AV go in on either occasion as well.

It all goes in a really cruddy wash bag that need replacing desperately... (suggestions welcome!)

Max

Mine's changed a bit since last time this came up. The Palmolive's gone in favour of an Arko stick, and there's a tube of double concentrated RSC cream, the idea being that if those won't lather up, then it can't be water coming out of the tap. Works in the Thames Valley, so I rest my case. The Tech has been upgraded to a Superspeed. Then there's the matter of straight razors: a random pair and a strop if I'm going for it. Aftershave I'd usually forego in favour of cold water, or the opportunity to buy or borrow some.

Vintage leather case (think zip-up binocular shaped case) containing US flair-tip, super-thin blades, small offcut of alum, La Toja shave stick and a decanted ASB in a small travel sized tube.

In my current travel bag

Feather Portable
Simpson Wee Scot (in a chrome tube of course)
Whatever blades I have open in paper tucks at the time (always take one more than I think I need, "just in case")
Godrej Shaving Round
Real Shaving Co Shave² Cream (backup in case the water is crappy)
Proraso AS
Tabac AS

I usaully take what I want and don´t mind to much about it being travel size or not. I use Neils three straight leather roll and the brushes (usually two) I put in empty toilet paper holders/tubes with tape in the bottom to hold the handle. I don´t take creams in tubs though, but soaps with good lids + a shaving stick.

I like traveling light but still want a nice shave..

Merkur Travel razor.
Enough blades for the trip.
Vintage 'badger-lon' travel brush in a bakelite tube.
Sample container with some cream in (or two or three of them with different creams for variety if it's a longer trip. If it was a really long trip, I'd take a shaving soap stick rather than cream).
Plastic lolly stick (perfect for scooping out cream).
Small pack of styptic matches.
Mini EDT or two.

This lot fits well into a small bag I have.

My current setup is a leather zipped case that holds 3 vented chrome tubes a long one holds my shavette and razor cleaning tooth brush, two smaller ones hold a small EJ best badger brush and the other samples of various shaving creams in glass tubs with plastic screw lids. There is also a chrome soap tin with my alum block wrapped in tissue and some samplers of Trumpers colognes, there is also another chrome tin which is velvet lined that holds my flare tip rocket and 2 chrome blade holders. Also in the case is a loop that holds my styptic pencil and a small mirror plus two side pouches for more spare blades.I also take alon an old enamel tin mug and brush holder. I have a wash roll for my tooth brush and soap ect which has a hook on it so its handy to hang up any where in a hotel bathroom.

Back
Top Bottom