What is your holiday razor

I'm one of those people who'll travel just with hand luggage whether it's a city break or a three week summer holiday.

For an extended stay, I'll bring either a Gillette Sensor or GII - depending on the mood that takes me when packing. I probably prefer the Sensor but I've plenty of GII-compatible cartridges to use up.

For short breaks, I tend to take a single-bladed Bic disposable or two.

I still take a (synthetic) brush and soap (stick) but could easily see myself moving back to a travel-size can of foam. Proraso do ones that would fit the bill. Aftershave-wise, a decant of whatever splash I'm using at home.

I took a Standard with me last year. I have a beautiful brass Tech I take away on overnights. I haven't made my mind up about this year, the Feather Popular is a great call though.

Lord L5. Packs into an old mint tin with a few blades. Shaves really well and at less than £5 no problem if it gets lost or damaged.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Gillette Guard cartridge razor, tube of Nivea Originals shaving cream, an inexpensive synthetic brush, collapsible silicone pet bowl for lathering, and Clinique Post-Shave Soother. Most of this kit can easily be replaced at little cost should I lose it or forget it somewhere.

Last holiday I had it was a Sensor ( no probs at airport & I don't care if it gets lost ir broken ) plus a cheap brush and LEA or La Toja stick. Used to take an old 3 piece in the past and would probably take my Fatip if I got away again.

JohnnyO. o/

Gillette Guard and carts, Kent infinity brush and La Toja stick.
Darn!! That's exactly my kit.
Some time I swap the Guard to a four piece travel Tech with some Voshkods and a small bottle of Aqua Velva.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk
cd6b12916adb1073d375e505ab11eb7a.jpg

eb008bfa85c3eec4f1ed08714c60e0fb.jpg

Last edited:
1st rule of travelling; never bring anything with you that you can't afford (or be heartbroken) to lose.
I have a Muhle synthetic travel brush, a spare (tatty) Gillette NEW-SC, Speick stick and a few cream/EdT samples. I also still have my 5-yr old Gillette Fusion just in case my DE blades get confiscated by security.

Same as when I go away to sea in the name of work. Whichever handle with an R89 or Timor DE, body shop brush and two tubs of whatever. This time it shall be L'Occitane being as it is relatively cheap in the outlet stores.

Can't be having with these silly 'travel razors'. No different to carrying a full size. What is that as soon as someone mentions 'travel' everything shrinks?

I am away for a few days in UK , so am taking a PAL injectomatic which is a good consistent shaver for me.
Have tried a Guard, and gave it away as I had to work hard with it to get a half decent shave.

Depends where I'm going.
If I'm off camping or away in my van then I'll take my Merkur 30C (because it's the only razor I have that the Muhle guard thing fits snugly on), a stick of Palmolive (because a tub of soap won't fit in my wash bag) and my reknotted L'Occitaine travel brush (because space is at a premium in my wash bag).
If I'm going abroad with plenty of space in my 20kg suitcase allowance, then I'll take whatever...

Back
Top Bottom