What made your day a good one

@Kamp

That's a superb app ...... I used it religiously to track everything I was eating while I was cutting my weight down.

What I found was most helpful is that, after a while, I got into the 'habit' of eating healthily and knowing my calorie requirements instinctively, rather than having to use the app. I lost six stone over the course of a year and a half, with a controlled calorie deficit. Now I'm an athletic 12st 10lbs again, playing football, cycling, training..... And generally enjoying being six stone lighter ......

And having said all that...... reminding me again of how I did ....... It's made my day a good one :D

@Wishbone Very well done for losing all that weight!! Thanks it is a work in progress and I use it mainly to see what new fooditems count for the calories I especialy like that you can use a barcodescanner.

This isn't an obvious "Good Day" thing...
In fact it's a bloody awful day.

I've just driven back from a funeral and on my way back I thought of this thread.

So... why post in the "What made your day a good one"?
Well, today I watched my friend have the strength to stand up with tears streaming and deliver a beautiful eulogy for his 22 year old son in front of at least 100 people (standing room only).
Good because there were so many of the lads friends from school and from work.
Good because my friends had so many there to support them.
Good because he mattered to so many.
Good because he was loved.
Good because in his short life he'd touched so very many lives in so many little, and in some case, massive positive ways.
Everyone he touched (we touch) is changed in just a little way and in this he lives on (regardless of beliefs)
Good because today we celebrated his life.
It's still a bloody awful day.
But also a good day.

New DE handle had swarf left in the tapped hole. Screwed in toilet paper to clean said tapped hole. Toilet paper lacked tensile strength - as we all know from experience - and sheered off. Drill bits, jewellers' screwdrivers, jacket potato skewers all failed to remove said toilet paper. Jane arrived and asked for a needle, removed said toilet paper in a few seconds.

Somewhere along the line, the swarf was removed and the handle screws onto razor head easily.

Woman 1 - 0 Man

Last edited:
This isn't an obvious "Good Day" thing...
In fact it's a bloody awful day.

I've just driven back from a funeral and on my way back I thought of this thread.

So... why post in the "What made your day a good one"?
Well, today I watched my friend have the strength to stand up with tears streaming and deliver a beautiful eulogy for his 22 year old son in front of at least 100 people (standing room only).
Good because there were so many of the lads friends from school and from work.
Good because my friends had so many there to support them.
Good because he mattered to so many.
Good because he was loved.
Good because in his short life he'd touched so very many lives in so many little, and in some case, massive positive ways.
Everyone he touched (we touch) is changed in just a little way and in this he lives on (regardless of beliefs)
Good because today we celebrated his life.
It's still a bloody awful day.
But also a good day.
you and ya freinds are in my thoughts buddy. what made my day a good day, ive been subbed out to a very big company for the last 6 months doing long hours and getting little thanks, other than from the company im in. Today i was offered a good deal , more money ,better job security hgv class 1 n 2 ,psv and the prospects of a lot better postion. And if i turn it down itll never be held over me and the position will be held open. They have put me back through my mot refresher, havent tested in 11 years , and have gone and made all the calls and got all my city in guilds certificates reprinted as i lost em years ago and never tried to re get them.
Oh and said thank you for all the work ive done over the last 6 months

New DE handle had swarf left in the tapped hole. Screwed in toilet paper to clean said tapped hole. Toilet paper lacked tensile strength - as we all know from experience - and sheered off. Drill bits, jewellers' screwdrivers, jacket potato skewers all failed to remove said toilet paper. Jane arrived and asked for a needle, removed said toilet paper in a few seconds.

Somewhere along the line, the swarf was removed and the handle screws onto razor head easily.

Woman 1 - 0 Man

Q-Tips fit perfectly into a m5x0.8 thread and clean it really well.

Today was a good day because I finished up some razors and had time for a little guitar session. :)

@tomj777

Although it was hard to read your post, it was also good to read it, if you get my meaning. It truly puts things into perspective. It's a bit overused these days and perhaps a bit of a cliche but honestly sir, thanks for sharing.

Things in my life have been pretty shit lately but nothing like Tom's post so it was grand to hear that my wee girl has returned safe and sound from Australia where she was visiting her Auntie and cousins. The best bit is that she wants to come see her Daddy tomorrow. Bless....:D

@fatboy1971 That's an excellent piece of news. No pressure opportunity (which it sounds like you should take).
@Gairdner (I really like your profile pic) - It's great to hear that you're daughter is home and (not knowing background and thus if that's momentous) want's to see you. Brill.
I think you both, no you both and @Bechet demonstrate the silver lining under the dark cloud adage.

My good news from yesterday is my little girl returned from Uni on Wednesday to sing at the Hexagon in Mayor's Charity Choir Competition, "Let's sing" - they didn't win but, boy, did they have an amazing time :)

I've often thought man's greatest achievement is simply to be remembered. Sincerest condolences @tomj777

Someone much more eloquent than me once said something along the lines of that 'a man dies two times - once when the life leaves his body and finally when no one alive remembers his name'.
It seems to me that your friend's son will live on for a very long time. My condolences @tomj776

Well after a crap week at work, this working in mental health is hard going ! I wake up this morning to an email from my American friend. A couple of weeks ago her Aunt passed away, someone we also knew. Going through her stuff they found this.
493090bc2ece75f53003d6e30d7f205a.jpg

Knowing my love of all things shaving she is posting them to me for me to use.

Looks like a boxed FatBoy and a slim, although the head on the FatBoy may have some damage which hopefully can be fixed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom