What took me so long

I'm getting on a bit and been shaving with cartridge razors or even electric razors for the last 40 years although only tried disposables a few times.
My journey started about a year ago still using a fusion but with a cheap brush and soap graduating to TOBS creme. then i thought myself at the start of September to a better brush.
Then it started! While looking for a brush why not buy the Edwin Jagger DE87 and give it a try along with a sample pack of blades, It'd be crass not to buy some more creme and maybe an alum block.....
So while at the market I spotted a Gillette of unknown tpye with a mirror and blades and a nice leather case for a fiver.
As you imagine the shaves were much better with both razors, even making notes in a little book on blade preferences.
I was now using the EJ to shave my head ( not for the first time I may add) although still more aggressive than the Gillette very controllable.
So here I am in December having bought a MÜHLE R41 which is a bit of a monster but a really nice shave between patches but not on the head yey
i've just seen a Valor Auto strop and wonder? Too late bought it.
Is there a cure,do I want one?
Gaz

Greenpotterer said:
I'm getting on a bit and been shaving with cartridge razors or even electric razors for the last 40 years although only tried disposables a few times.
My journey started about a year ago still using a fusion but with a cheap brush and soap graduating to TOBS creme. then i thought myself at the start of September to a better brush.
Then it started! While looking for a brush why not buy the Edwin Jagger DE87 and give it a try along with a sample pack of blades, It'd be crass not to buy some more creme and maybe an alum block.....
So while at the market I spotted a Gillette of unknown tpye with a mirror and blades and a nice leather case for a fiver.
As you imagine the shaves were much better with both razors, even making notes in a little book on blade preferences.
I was now using the EJ to shave my head ( not for the first time I may add) although still more aggressive than the Gillette very controllable.
So here I am in December having bought a MÜHLE R41 which is a bit of a monster but a really nice shave between patches but not on the head yey
i've just seen a Valor Auto strop and wonder? Too late bought it.
Is there a cure,do I want one?
Gaz

Too late-resistance is futile!

Back
Top Bottom