What's happened to my brush?

Working in health care for over 40 yrs I find it best to give everything that comes in contact a very good rinse. Even the saving mug and soap. While not a germ nut, any kind of bar soap product is a great place for them to grow.

Johnus said:
While not a germ nut, any kind of bar soap product is a great place for them to grow.

But as soon as you use the soap these germs are washed away. Soap is slippery and stops bacteria sticking to your hands. That's why it is used to wash with.

Well since moving house my 1305 has got ridiculously fuzzed up with limescale. We haven't had a water softener installed (I'm now counting the days until April!) and so it's built up pretty quickly. I have been getting increasingly poor lather and just put it down to the water itself. Well I tried a different boar brush this morning and got oodles of lather. I went back to the dry 1305 and ruffled the bristles with my hand, and clouds of dust rose from it as I did so. I'm now off to give it a really good clean in the hope that it will get back to normal again. Bloody crappy Suffolk water! :mad:

chrisbell said:
My 1305 does the same thing. I suspect it's why I struggle to load it sufficiently from a cake of hard soap.

Once the water softener is fitted I'd like to try and find a badger brush that I actually get on with. Watch this space! :icon_razz:

Well, not this one. Another space on TSR where I start a 'Pig Cat Searches for a Badger Brush He Likes' thread. :s

Back
Top Bottom