What's the smoothest?

ChopperHarris said:
chrisbell said:
Slightly left-field choice for me - Wilkinson Sword/Gillette Indian blades - the "Saloon Pack" ones. As with ultrawomble's nomination, they're not especially sharp, but seem very smooth and forgiving. I'd also nominate Perma-Sharps (gold and red pack, not Gillette greens).

The saloon pack nomination really shows how it's horses for courses. I get about half a smooth shave out of mine before they turn into rough peelers of skin :) I'll have a look and see how many I've got to hand - if there's more than a couple, you're welcome to them.

Thanks for the offer, mate - I've got plenty to last me, though! If you really want to get rid of them, I wouldn't argue, but I certainly haven't got a shortage!

Louis said:
chrisbell said:
Slightly left-field choice for me - Wilkinson Sword/Gillette Indian blades - the "Saloon Pack" ones. As with ultrawomble's nomination, they're not especially sharp, but seem very smooth and forgiving. I'd also nominate Perma-Sharps (gold and red pack, not Gillette greens).

+1 on the Wilkinson/Gillette blades. These are consistently very smooth for me.

+2. Though I find Lab Blues in a DE89 to be pretty much as smooth and quite a bit sharper...

For me the smoothest (but also efficient) blade is the Indian Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum, aka 7 O'Clock Black. A few others come pretty close though... Voskhod, Sputnik, Rapira Swedish Supersteel and Personna Med/Lab.

I always got on well with the Bolzanos when I was using DEs. Nothing extreme about them, they just consistently gave me a close, smooth unfussed shave.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom