whats your dream razor?

For me its gotta be ''Fatboy 195 Bottom Dial Adjustable'',Because it was a prototype its very special,would I be lucky enough to get my hands on that beauty one day?only time will tell :twisted:

1960%20Fatboy%20195%20F4.jpg

Other than some customs in production ... ?

• a 1930's Eclipse maybe.
      • Well, probably.
            • Yeah, yeah, yeah - OK, that's pretty much certainly in there.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                • if I can get one for a good deal less than "silly money", that is.[/list:u][/list:u]

Hoffrirtz Slant - boxed.

Yes I know it is virtually a Merkur 37C, but by the kinda same logic a Bugatti Veyron is a VW.

The point is i know what i want and I WANT A BOXED HOFFRITZ SLANT :evil:

I have had several opportunities to buy one for reasonable money, but i have always bottled it - why? The answer is simple, what if it shaved like a dog? I would be gutted :(

Unless I had the strength to buy - but not try :?

Now that would be seriously against my principles :|

Guess I've been spoiled now. I got the Merkur 11C I desired many years ago, in honour of that gr8 journalist & writer Ian Fleming. I then lusted after a Gillette Slim adjustable after it featured in Goldfinger . That wish was fulfilled recently by Steve the Sunbury who let me have a truly beautifully cleaned and restored Slim, so now I've got the only 2 razors I ever really wanted.

Take it from me M/Mick, you deserve your boxed Hoffy just for the thrill of ownership M8. It can't shave any worse than a Merkur Slant (it is after all the same razor from the same maker) and just because it's the fulfilment of a long held desire it'll probs shave even better for you !

JohnnyO. ;)

I don't think it's been invented, and is probably impossible to achieve, but it shaves as close as a Futur, but as gently as a Tech.

Razor manufacturers, there is your challenge!

Ian

My dream razor would be a straight hand designed and made but me.

I think its doable but complicated, i.e. obtaining the right steel the and heat treating.

Before I even think about doing that I would need to try a lot of different straights to see what I do and don't like so its a long way off.

Although i have alot of nice vintage Razors, gold Aristo, Toggle, vintage Aristo etc etc, i have to agree with james in that the one i want is the ''195 Bottom Dial Adjustable'' the prototype Razor, it's not even that nice a looking Razor, just love the fact that it's so rare made only in 1960 and never went on public sale....i have no idea how many were made but would love to own one, if one came up on E-bay, i may have to give my Credit card a damn good thrashing :oops: :oops:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/195

Gillette_195Top.JPG

Gillette_195.JPG

Gillette_195Tray.JPG

Gillette_195Bot.JPG

To some, would this be seen as a dream razor?

I've read that it is the most expensive razor in the world....

razor.jpg

It's The Hommage Damascene all yours for a paltry £18,000

Wow thats a crazy price. I have seen custom made damascus razors for sale at less than $1000.00. You can pick up some sweet looking Livi's for less than $1000.00. Still a squad of coin. nothing like GBP 17 big ones.

sunburyboy93 said:
Although i have alot of nice vintage Razors, gold Aristo, Toggle, vintage Aristo etc etc, i have to agree with james in that the one i want is the ''195 Bottom Dial Adjustable'' the prototype Razor, it's not even that nice a looking Razor, just love the fact that it's so rare made only in 1960 and never went on public sale....i have no idea how many were made but would love to own one, if one came up on E-bay, i may have to give my Credit card a damn good thrashing :oops: :oops:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/195

This razor is indeed very special,it wasn't that long ago when I saw one on ebay for $800+ ,just hope one day I'll be lucky enough to own one

Back
Top Bottom