What's your favourite blues track?

Greg, I clicked on this thread knowing exactly which track I was going to pick but you've already done so! An absolute, all-time classic from the repetitive yet mesmerising rhythm and, as you say, the menace in the Wolf's voice. Other favourites include Muddy Waters' Hoochie Coochie Man and Mannish Boy, John Lee Hooker's Boom Boom Boom, Leadbelly's Where Did You Sleep Last Night and Pick a Bale of Cotton and Robert Johnson's Crossroads, Sweet Home Chicago and They're Red Hot.

What's the name of the dude who does the Premier Inn ads? Him - he has a programme about the blues o TV - well, about him with some blues thrown in. Some good stuff included. Channel? Time? Day? Dunno, sorry - I stumbled across it. I think it is a series or mini-series.

Geetan is giving me a hard time because it's past TV time so he can sleep on my lap. The problem with this new site is the amount of action and the time I'm giving it. Five Beanz on toast for supper because of it!

Last edited:
(They Call It) Stormy Monday - T Bone Walker (noting Van Morrison & Them did a fantastic cover)
Whisky and Wimmen - John Lee Hooker
Blues Before Sunrise - John Lee Hooker

Simple songs, simple lyrics but full of the blues...

Back
Top Bottom