What's your meat for Christmas (non-veggie)

Used to be one year at Mother's ,next at her Mother's but now I'm single again I had thought it would be back to Mother's. But nooo, we're going oot to my wee brother's and as the wee round bugger is now a chef manager i.e. the head chef's boss, it better be good or he'll be gettin' stuffed like a Turkey and not with my kilted sausage either.

Christmas is about turning up and putting away the grub whilst avoiding wearing embarrassing knitwear, ensuring that every last word of Her Maj's speech resonates throughout the house, a quick gander at The Great Escape and a sly shot o' the bairns' toys. Sprout eating competitions are non-compulsory 'cos I always win anyway. King o' the wee green farty fruits, that's me!

'Tache back in town, Vinny? That's the game! :D

Aye, I've always fancied a goose ever since we went on Holiday down to the Cotswolds in 2000. Signs everywhere advising folks to get there Christmas goose orders in and nary a mention of Turkey. We usually have a Gammon as well and plenty of kilted sausages or pigs in blankets as ye Sassenachs call 'em. What do they have in Americky? McTurkey Sandwich with hash browns and maple syrup?

Very funny, Jaycey! Glad I wasn't drinking my tea at the time I read that....:D

We've had friends rear a few turkeys for the last few years, so we got a nice free range jobber for however much it cost them in feed. Unfortunately they haven't bothered this year.... Don't think I fancy the normal price, so may see if a 'goose is cheaper???

Back
Top Bottom