Which modern razors do you think will be collectable classics in the future ?

Just wanted to add to my collection and would like your opinions on collectable modern razors that you think will be future classics and very sought after in the near future .
Just to add I apriciate all opinions and gather everybody has their own views but I'm very interested in what you all say thanks Ian

I'd think Phil has nailed it. Razors made by individual producers in limited quantities will probably appreciate in value as they become scarcer, just the usual market rule of supply and demand.

JohnnyO. o/

In my opinion all the European and American razors will be collectible as soon as they stop the production, also keep in mind that; In the days of Gillette razors, Gillette produced them in vast numbers like hundreds of thousands perhaps millions in some models all over the world. When you think of the production numbers of modern razors, in the future they will be much harder to find.

All very good points indeed but if you was to try and list a few which razors would be on your list regardless of price

Gillette fatboy and slim adjustable razors are collectable now. so are razors of ww1 and ww2 because they were of their time. Modern safety razors are a niche market as most men shave with a cartridge razor of some type. so razors like muhle, parker and EJ razors currently produced will only be of nostalgic interest to those using them now and are not likely to be of interest to future generations

Definitely the variations of the Hone. Executive Shaving Claymore. Any of the first run of the Rockwell Adjustable. Think seriously about jumping in on any Kickstarters which take your fancy, especially niche designe which may not catch on ( some would say any razor is niche ) as the fewer around the greater the chance they will attain oddity value. And, of course, you'll be keeping all the literature, packaging etc to provide provenance and you won't be shaving with it.

JohnnyO. o/

Definitely the variations of the Hone. Executive Shaving Claymore. Any of the first run of the Rockwell Adjustable. Think seriously about jumping in on any Kickstarters which take your fancy, especially niche designe which may not catch on ( some would say any razor is niche ) as the fewer around the greater the chance they will attain oddity value. And, of course, you'll be keeping all the literature, packaging etc to provide provenance and you won't be shaving with it.

JohnnyO. o/

That's the odd thing about collecting and keeping any object in pristine condition. All you are doing is going to a lot of effort so someone else can enjoy it in the future

reminds me of a matchbox car I bought from ebay from the early 70's. it was still sealed in the packaging as was just like the one I had as a kid. It was part of one mans collection that was now being sold off by his family after his death. when I got it I opened it and gave it to my son to play with

Back
Top Bottom