Which one next 39c vs r41 vs 6c ?

I’m looking for a step up from 38c in terms of efficiency, I find that only Feather, Bic and sometimes GSB are sharp enough not to leave super short stubbly patches, especially on my neck even after 3 passes

Im interested in trying something else and have narrowed it down to above which are appreciate are all different, but where to start?

The Rockwell 6C is a very good razor. Plate 4 upwards is where it becomes more efficient than your 38C.
The 39C is the same as a 37C, only with a longer handle. It is a tad more efficient than a 38C.
R41? When getting to grips with this razor, you need to concentrate - holding your breath while it is anywhere near your skin is a very good idea. . . . It really is a big step up from the others. It comes on a relatively lightweight handle for a reason!
A bit outside of what you've mentioned, but how about a Parker Variant? Budget friendly, well made and adjustability on the fly . . .

The Rockwell 6C is a very good razor. Plate 4 upwards is where it becomes more efficient than your 38C.
The 39C is the same as a 37C, only with a longer handle. It is a tad more efficient than a 38C.
R41? When getting to grips with this razor, you need to concentrate - holding your breath while it is anywhere near your skin is a very good idea. . . . It really is a big step up from the others. It comes on a relatively lightweight handle for a reason!
A bit outside of what you've mentioned, but how about a Parker Variant? Budget friendly, well made and adjustability on the fly . . .
Sounds good, thanks, maybe the r41 is the one after the one after …

I did think about he Parker Razor but I currently have a bee in my bonnet about all things India and Indians, maybe when I don’t have to deal with them everyday it will grate on me less

Sounds like a 6c or maybe 6s is the way to go…

Other than probably outliving me, any benefit of stainless over the c ? Smoother or more efficient for example? With the £50 difference I can nearly afford a beer in the pub and diesel to get there and back… maybe even heat the house for an hour or two…

Other than probably outliving me, any benefit of stainless over the c ? Smoother or more efficient for example? With the £50 difference I can nearly afford a beer in the pub and diesel to get there and back… maybe even heat the house for an hour or two…
I prefer the weight of the 6s but it’s a Matt finish so slightly less slick for want of a better word. I kept my 6c for a few weeks and re bought a 6s. I have a very cheap adjustable on the BST going that I’ve found great so far! I’m only selling as I have the brass version on the way and a replacement chrome!

I’m looking for a step up from 38c in terms of efficiency, I find that only Feather, Bic and sometimes GSB are sharp enough not to leave super short stubbly patches, especially on my neck even after 3 passes

Im interested in trying something else and have narrowed it down to above which are appreciate are all different, but where to start?
If your current razor is leaving short stubbly patches, but you also don't get them on some areas of your face, then it's likely more of an issue of technique rather than razor.

It's a little difficult to advise without knowing what your face is like, but here's a couple of things to consider:
  • Does all hair in those patches grow in the same direction?
  • Do you try lightly stretching the skin to flatten the areas? Turning the head to engage neck muscles combined with a light skin stretch goes a long way.
  • What's your lather like? Perhaps only applying a thin layer for the last pass could help.
  • Have you tried e.g. an oil-only shave, or an oil-only last pass?
  • If some blades work for you better than others, why not stick to them? E.g. Bic blades tend to be reasonably priced (at least compared to Feathers).
If you'd want to leave your technique and lather as they are and just get another razor, I'd suggest grabbing the Fatip Special Edition, or a Gillette Old. Both are generally quite affordable.
Fatip's QC can be spotty, but if you were to buy from a place where returns are easy for an unused product, it shouldn't be much trouble to test whether a blade fits and aligns well or not.

Thanks, it seems the left over neck bits grow up, not down so it’s my initial pass down which is wtg on face needs focus, it’s not until 12 hours later I can feel it to detect, but can see it ..

Back
Top Bottom