Which Shavette

Dovo

I enjoyed this and started with it. It's a great way to get a feel for the straight. It also reasonably priced so if the straight experience isn't for you, you haven't part with a chunk of change.

A Shavette is not a straight.

The ones that take half a DE are cheap as chips and unforgiving, but you can get good results. I have a Feather and love it, much better than the Parker, nearest to a straight without the stropping. The straight is different yet again, I think mostly due to the size. And for all they look intimidating, the blade is more forgiving of technique errors.

As for wasting your time, probably not. It's just another thing to learn and master.

Same as the to contributor above, I have a feather artist club ss lime green.

Love it, the blades last for ever. Relay good if you have a heavy growth.

However try the Dovo as I did ant then consider the lay out for the Feather.

Best of luck

Cheers Guys.

I had a little play this morning with a badly made Chinese job that I got free a while ago with a blade purchase from ebay. Just used it for the first WTG pass with half a feather DE blade. As for the result? Very surprised. I will definitely be looking for something better quality.

And so endeth lesson number one :)
Keep plugging at cheap one. Like I said, you can get good results and learning the sensitivity will help with all your shaving skills.

Hi mate
I agree with the other posts
I bought a cheapo Shavette off eBay,was rubbish the blade kept moving ,so bought a Dovo Shavette you can use either the standard DE Blade [broken in half so you get two blades really for the price of one] or you can use the Dovo long blade again I think you can break these in half aswell.Dovo are also nice and light,just remember to treat it with RESPECT,but after a couple of shave's you will be more confident,and also experience a far better shave.I have been using my Dovo now for about 4 months and would not go back to the disposable blades,but some time in the future will have a bash with a decent Straight,it' can be a bit pricey those Straights but I suppose you get what you pay for,so I would go for a DOVO. Hope this helps
Regards tony:icon_razz:

Dovo is my favourite shavette. I have used a few in the past and the Dovo was better IMHO then any other I have used. I also have Feather Artist Clubs and they rock but are 3x the price! I have not used my Dovo since Movember but I remember it being easy to use and brilliant at helping keep the mo in style.

Mine came with the 2 black and one red blade holder - I have only used it with the 1/2 DE holder though.

Back
Top Bottom