which wolfman

I was no. 8 on the list but with with the random system I am no where.....

To use sites like waitlistr to sell rare items is fair enough. Changing the rules while the game is going lefts me with a negative feeling.

Best Regards
Marco
Almost like there was no point in using the site really, very confusing.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Think thats me done, ordering via surplus means no customisation which i need for a Wolf.
He really isn't doing things the right or fair way IMO
Also i can't really justify/afford it at the moment
Going forward if i can afford luxury it may be a Timeless

The wait list was over subscribed in less than 5 mins. The bloke hasn't a chance unless he can get his operation running like ATT. Yes it's nice to be exclusive but reading his latest blog I don't think he wants to be, he just doesn't know how to handle the large numbers who want a Wolfman. He is advertising for another skilled operator. I think he needs to come to terms with outsourcing his production. He probably doesn't want to though.

He's been after an assistant for some time but he won't just employ any old body which is commendable.
None of us want the quality to suffer which is second is none and above ATT
We've seen what happens when QC drops as in Mongoose's case

Last edited:
Agreed but there are companies out there that are more than capable of keeping up the standards required. They have the same if not better machining and produce top quality product. If he wants to satisfy demand I fear he may have no choice. The bloke is getting hammered for his waitlist and the only happy customers are the ones who have been lucky. That leaves a lot of unhappy people. Luckily for me I threw in the towel before trying to get on the waitlist.

His razors are hand finished, thats where the time goes and the finish comes from
I don't believe he'll ever outsource and hooray for that
Its how he goes about selling them that is my issue
Yesterday's list initially produced a 6.5 mth wait list, i'd have been about 4.5/5 mths along it.
Was very happy with that

I was lucky enough to get on the list this time so I may be being easy on Wolfman because of it so bare with me. From reading what has happened to other companies with similar products who have gone down the route of outsourcing to satisfy demand for such a specific product it doesn't seem to have ended well or quickly for them. This disappoints everybody again, something that if we are being honest no manufacturer wants to do.
I do believe the guy is just trying to find a way to please everyone but it's just not possible to do it with the rabid irrational way we get with these products in this game and I include myself in that.
Trust me I've had the issues in the past with the various Razorock "limited edition prototype" offerings , the Paladins etc that I couldn't get despite me willing to throw money at them and them more than willing to take it. This is not to criticise but It doesn't help guys who are trying to buy their first Wolfman, Wolf Whiskers etc that because of our nature they are having to compete with guys who have already got examples of the product but are so impressed and want to buy again.
I certainly wouldn't want people to go down the pitiful road Mongoose went down with QC and basic manners going out the window in trying to satisfy demand.
With Mongoose in the beginning the wait was long but you were certain to get one and people weren't happy then they outsourced or changed machinists and the products were more available but of decidedly a lesser quality and in my experience it told on their attitudes to customers who weren't happy with the product (me being one of them). Razorock was a well designed and superbly marketed farce but if you were lucky and took a day off work to press F5 on your keyboard the wait wasn't long and people weren't happy.
People weren't happy with Wolfman taking a huge order list and sitting on it until it was completed and now people aren't happy that he is taking a smaller list with the intention of getting through it quicker and opening up the list again as well as making an effort to have stock products available monthly as well. It sounds like he is waiting to get the right guy whom he knows the standard of his work to help him in the machine shop I assume so the quality does not drop while ramping up production.
The bottom line is we love buying from guys like Cadman , Brad Sears , Wolfman etc because we know these items are a labor of love to a certain extent and the quality is undoubtedly high but paradoxically that is why they can be difficult to get our hands on because they are hand made and take time to produce. They are not Merkurs that can be churned out 24 hours a day and of a far lesser quality in finish but granted do the same job , but that's the point they for the most part don't give the same level of satisfaction a ATT , Wolfman or the Timeless razors will. I appreciate ATT put a fantastic product out and are always available and I have 2 of my own but from anyone who owns a Wolfman the consensus is the final product is just better as a luxury item.

None of these methods of "quantitative easing" on the manufacturers parts are going to please all of us all the time and I can certainly understand why people who got on to the first 40 initially and subsequently didn't get into the final draw of 40 will be pissed off and will probably swear off Wolfman in future and I've no idea why James went down the lottery route at the final stage. Maybe the way this Waitlist webpage works is not necessarily apportioning you a number that is relevant to when you joined the list since it was already double subscribed in less than 2 seconds and we are dealing in such a small time frame and he felt it would be fairer to do it at random once the list was closed, I've no idea.

I agree with wayne,is the mystique of the Wolfman all down to the difficulty in getting one ?,if they were readily available would there be all the fuss,and with James getting a cnc machine is it not taking the hand made nature away.

They were always CNC machined, he's just got a second machine. They're polished or brushed by hand.

Well that isn't a dark art is it? Lots of parts are polished and finished by hand. It isn't anything to write home about. I have to agree with Dave. Why on earth would you want to upset half of the people who legitimately did as required and got on the list on time? If not to keep the mystique and exclusivity feel of the Wolfman? He should have said how many he was making and spent the 30 seconds it took to fill the list then closed it.
Anything is better than the way he did it surely? ATT, Timeless, Barbaros and the others can bring product to market and they are stainless models. I just think it has been handled badly and I'm glad I didn't go to the bother of trying to secure one. Some poor sod who was 2nd on the list has probably had to give his place up to someone who was 75th. That cannot be right in any situation unless it was stated it was a raffle. Anyway I'm ranting now and luckily it hasn't anything to do with me but I cannot congratulate anyone who gets one as you could so easily have been number two or whatever and lost out.

I was number #17, and I'm now not on the final list. I just can't understand why he had to reopen the list, even if he had the double of needed people to make a list as he wished:confused:

Back
Top Bottom