Who is getting the ATT Bamboo SE1?

Well, I know @N_Architect is, but who else is lining up to get this new SE razor that is currently scheduled to be out at the end of the month (May)?

IMG_1525_large.JPG

At $189 w/ free shipping (at least w/in the US) it's not a terribly priced razor taking ATT's track record w/in quality machining into consideration.

I'm normally rather excited to jump on anything that is new and in stainless steel but, for whatever reason, I find myself sitting back and taking my time on this one and do not have a pre-order in at this time.

I am however very curious to read any reviews of it.

So how about you lot - are you in...or out..(or on the fence) when it comes to this one?

IMG_1538_large.JPG

IMG_1548_large.JPG

Some videos showing off the razor:

We're in the same boat.

Oh...and I give you two weeks until you cave and pre-order it :D
Maybe but I've got my eye on a Fuji X30, I have an X100S and X10 but the 30 has some features I've been looking for. Have to allocate resources. If the Cobra doesn't light my fire maybe I'll switch to the ATT.

Maybe but I've got my eye on a Fuji X30, I have an X100S and X10 but the 30 has some features I've been looking for. Have to allocate resources. If the Cobra doesn't light my fire maybe I'll switch to the ATT.

/Sidetrack
Love my Fuji X100. Been thinking about getting the two lens converters or at least the tele one. Hm.
/Sidetrack off

/Sidetrack
Love my Fuji X100. Been thinking about getting the two lens converters or at least the tele one. Hm.
/Sidetrack off

Sidetrack on again - I have an X30 and an X100T, on which I use the teleconverter. It does extend the camera's capabilities, and is a piece of kit worth having. There are some Far Eastern clone converters, which are rated as junk. Only the genuine Fujis are worth having. /Sidetrack off again

From a review on TSN the head weights the same as a stainless steel Mongoose - i.e. too much (49g.) After using the Alumigoose version 2 I find heads that heavy clumsy. Not for me.

From a review on TSN the head weights the same as a stainless steel Mongoose - i.e. too much (49g.) After using the Alumigoose version 2 I find heads that heavy clumsy. Not for me.
Is the head the same size as the goose?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep I thought this too and reading the same posts via TSN. One member said the blades the ATT takes is a wider shavette style blade. Thought that all SE blades are the same, size wise.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks pretty but I think the mongoose is great and has a really intuitive angle to use because the razor is designed with "a big flat bit" (technical term) that sits on your face. ATT is similar design but rounded, so I would guess may be less intuitive to use?

If I didn't have my goose, I'd be all over it, but currently I can live without it.

Matt

This has inspired me to dig out my B2 Mongoose for the first time this year! I'd love something of equivalent build quality but with a thinner profile. If the ATT offering is broadly similar then I'll find it relatively easy to resist.

Back
Top Bottom