Who?

Not me.

I was actually a bit ashamed at my earlier "behaviour" (enough said, thanks) after reading this: "love your neighbour as yourself" and "do to others as you would be done to" (both by some bloke called Jesus).

(Edit: and I'm sorry if I set a bad example now being followed by this "buyer" :oops: :( )

So I've resolved never to offer less than a fair price, as I know I wouldn't want to be ripped off.

Of course, a "mates rates" TSR cheapie is another thing - I like sending and receiving those, but both parties know the score.

The seller has been ripped off to the tune of at least £30 quid. That's a lot of money in these straitened times, could've made a difference.

So someone has persuaded this seller to make it a Buy It Now so he can sell for £6? If that's try that is really mean, though I suppose the seller could have done a bit of research and found what these usually sell for. I don't really do eBay so not up on all the ethics and morals.

Watch their feedback profile and all might be revealed in due course!

(and no it was not me, i paid MUCH more than this for mine although not as much as some are going for lately)

Similar thing happened to me a year or so ago, I was the leading bidder on a mint Toggle which I would have went a fair bit for but was sitting at 99p with 4 days to go. Next thing I look it is sold for £15, looking at the timings of the auction it changed at 8am and was purchased in less than 5 mins so for sure it was a low baller. It was not in the right category and the description was simply "Gillette Razor" so I was sure I had a decent chance and was prepared for a little bit of a fight.

I wrote to the guy and said I thought the action was unfair as bidding had started and included a link to a recently completed auction where one went for over the hundred quid mark. I was hoping for £50 max but it just shows you some you win some you loose.

Whoever got that sticky got a really good deal.

Pig Cat said:
I don't really do eBay so not up on all the ethics and morals.
For most out there, there are no ethics.

Audiolab said:
I wrote to the guy and said I thought the action was unfair as bidding had started and included a link to a recently completed auction where one went for over the hundred quid mark. I was hoping for £50 max but it just shows you some you win some you loose.
I'm a bit on the edge of this, I never ask for BIN price, because I don't think it's right, but then again it's an open market, one buyer, one seller, if they both agree on a price, then I don't see what's wrong.
As a seller, if you have a bit of interest in what you're selling, you can know if you get ripped off. (and not only "buyer beware!" but also "seller beware!")
It's like finding badly listed auctions, should I ask the seller correct and relist? No, I profit from his mistake, and so do we all in that case... this is not very dissimilar.

eBay, it's the wild west of shopping!

Max

Back
Top Bottom