who's your team?

Just back from Celtic Park where the kids and me witnessed this:

283684_568525486520694_947769114_n.jpg

We'll be at Rugby Park on Wednesday supporting Killie against Hibs.

My English team has been Manchester United since the days of Big Ron as manager and Norman Whiteside scoring that goal in the 1985 Cup Final.

Just settling down to the cup final now, with a cold glass of Guinness.

joe mcclaine said:
NNathwani said:
The mighty Glasgow Rangers and Greenock Morton.

Used to be a Forest fan. Isn't Greenock where Brian Rice went? My brother has seen them play a few times and was pleasantly surprised to see him there.

I believe so. I used to go to see Morton play quite often when I was younger, great atmosphere at the St Mirren games. Don't really get to go to games any more. Sky sports has been cancelled all season too as peppa pig seems to be on constantly in my house. :-(

NNathwani said:
joe mcclaine said:
NNathwani said:
The mighty Glasgow Rangers and Greenock Morton.

Used to be a Forest fan. Isn't Greenock where Brian Rice went? My brother has seen them play a few times and was pleasantly surprised to see him there.

I believe so. I used to go to see Morton play quite often when I was younger, great atmosphere at the St Mirren games. Don't really get to go to games any more. Sky sports has been cancelled all season too as peppa pig seems to be on constantly in my house. :-(

I've got Jessie, Hannah Montana, etc to put up with, so I use sky plus and go around with blinkers and earplugs till bedtime!
Having a 6 year old girl who thinks football is soooo boring, the last game I managed to get to was an 1860 Munich match at the Allianz Arena during the Oktoberfest, but I'm a proud Arab and follow Dundee United. :)

Another Norwich fan here, used to go with my father with a folding stool to stand on the terraces and still go with him forty-something years later.

I'm one of those rare chaps with 0 interest in football. Given that I'm a proud Norfolkman, I like to see Norwich doing well, as it keeps the area in the national conciousness (we tend to be viewed in much the same way as Cornwall at times - a strange place full of inbreds hanging off the edge of the country).

Manchester City (yeah I know) for about 30 years now. I was born in Manchester and went to Maine Rd until age 18 when I left to join the RAF.

Because of travelling and living in different cities for about 23 years now, and because I will turn up to any live game for the craic, I also follow:
Lincoln City
Cambridge United
Torquay United
Farnham Town
Montrose FC (Scotland)
Brondby (Denmark)
VVV Venlo (Netherlands)
Willem II (Netherlands)

I once played for Venlo in my early twenties when they were lower league and I was about 21, I earned 50 Guilders per game as a semi pro goalkeeper in 1992 playing in the second team. At the same time I played for FC Pfalzdorf in Germany for 60 Marks a game. I was based on the German border at the time, lived there for nearly 4 years.

Re: RE: who's your team?

Canuck said:
Manchester City (yeah I know) for about 30 years now. I was born in Manchester and went to Maine Rd until age 18 when I left to join the RAF.

Because of travelling and living in different cities for about 23 years now, and because I will turn up to any live game for the craic, I also follow:
Lincoln City
Cambridge United
Torquay United
Farnham Town
Montrose FC (Scotland)
Brondby (Denmark)
VVV Venlo (Netherlands)
Willem II (Netherlands)

I once played for Venlo in my early twenties when they were lower league and I was about 21, I earned 50 Guilders per game as a semi pro goalkeeper in 1992 playing in the second team. At the same time I played for FC Pfalzdorf in Germany for 60 Marks a game. I was based on the German border at the time, lived there for nearly 4 years.

Sounds like you be on the lookout for a new Manager now.

I'm hoping for a miracle win against West Brom tomorrow just to avoid relegation.

Lose the beard said:
Canuck said:

Lincoln City
Cambridge United
Torquay United
Farnham Town
Montrose FC (Scotland)
Brondby (Denmark)
VVV Venlo (Netherlands)
Willem II (Netherlands)

Sounds like you be on the lookout for a new Manager now.

I'm hoping for a miracle win against West Brom tomorrow just to avoid relegation.

No miracle needed - just a win! - I will be there making noise!

Re: RE: who's your team?

ChopperHarris said:
Oldham Athletic, although my nearest team these days is Brentford. Been a bit of a funny season - great performances in the cup and bloody awful in the league. That said, given that we stayed up, you'd have to say it was value for money.

The challenge is going to be keeping the decent players together - they are mostly out of contract and the good ones got some decent exposure on the telly.

Oldham! My local team. Now.

My true love though is Reading. And a sorry season we've had too.

Well my first team before Wales switch to regional Rugby and the team who have produced more British lions than any team in the British Isles Cardiff RFC the Blue & Blacks, and my second team the Cardiff Blues.
http://www.cardiffrfc.com/Home/Page
http://www.cardiffblues.com/home.php

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom