Why do people go to the extend to spend considerably more for Titanium shaving hardware?

Here's a question...which item is likely to be seen by the most people, a titanium razor or a titanium bike?
Depends on an individual's situation. I like to tease the ladies of the neighborhood by shaving in an open window for them. I'm rather averse to cardio-based activities though. So probably a razor in my case.

I am of course talking nonsense - I have no window in my ensuite. Naturally, if I did have a window, I would shave at it and fulfil my civic duty.

Looking at their website they seem to be pitching for the luxury end of the market so I guess that is why they are marketing Titanium. I can't see any benefits for using that material in razors; golf drivers, now that is a different story.

Depends on an individual's situation. I like to tease the ladies of the neighborhood by shaving in an open window for them. I'm rather averse to cardio-based activities though. So probably a razor in my case.

I am of course talking nonsense - I have no window in my ensuite. Naturally, if I did have a window, I would shave at it and fulfil my civic duty.
Ti-1-01.jpg

My wedding band is made from titanium - the detail - if you can see it in the crap picture - is Arabic Kufic script - I.

Wow! I've only just discovered this thread...there are titanium razors? I've been looking high and low for one!!!!!
This is no joke (at least not to me)...I am titanium's number 1 fan. Evidence: Most of my hiking and camping cookware, stove, tent pegs, multitool, etc are titanium. The water bottle I use daily is titanium. I recently bought a titanium hip flask and my SOS medallion is titanium. I searched only yesterday on google for a titanium razor, but it keeps coming up with the word 'titanium' to reflect the colour rather than the material, dammit!!!!! I've even heard people saying about me: "Oh, there goes the Tit", which I assume is short for 'Titanium Enthusiast'.
Please point me to any link to any titanium razor...I'm begging you:oops:o_O

Wow! I've only just discovered this thread...there are titanium razors? I've been looking high and low for one!!!!!
This is no joke (at least not to me)...I am titanium's number 1 fan. Evidence: Most of my hiking and camping cookware, stove, tent pegs, multitool, etc are titanium. The water bottle I use daily is titanium. I recently bought a titanium hip flask and my SOS medallion is titanium. I searched only yesterday on google for a titanium razor, but it keeps coming up with the word 'titanium' to reflect the colour rather than the material, dammit!!!!! I've even heard people saying about me: "Oh, there goes the Tit", which I assume is short for 'Titanium Enthusiast'.

Carbon Shaving:

Timeless (via Maggard):

Some to add

Seygus make a titanium Model.

Karve have a Titanium Model (Just Launched and currently a wait list).

Paradigm Make some but they are hard to obtain as well as there Razors sell out fast

There is rumour of a Titanium Blackbird from Blackland.

Excuse me while I slip quietly away and have an orgasm...if only I weren't on jury service!o_Oo_Oo_O

This shows how different people are. I've been using the same aluminium pan set when camping in remote mountain areas for about 25 years, The pans are now a bit scratched and dented, but they are light and still do their job just fine. I know there are titanium pan sets which are fractionally lighter and much stronger, as well as vastly more expensive, but I was never tempted to buy one. I don't play football with my pans, or beat them with rocks, so the added strength is not needed.

This shows how different people are. I've been using the same aluminium pan set when camping in remote mountain areas for about 25 years, The pans are now a bit scratched and dented, but they are light and still do their job just fine. I know there are titanium pan sets which are fractionally lighter and much stronger, as well as vastly more expensive, but I was never tempted to buy one. I don't play football with my pans, or beat them with rocks, so the added strength is not needed.
I absolutely agree, but I've always had a concern about health issues associated with cooking in aluminium pans as all pans leach minerals into water and food (iron skillets are supposed to be best as they leach iron which is good for you, but obviously a little heavy for backpacking; and aluminium is not so great for your health...or so I heard) . For myself, I find titanium to be light, strong and doesn't taint the taste of any food or drink. Also I'm a titanium snob...or 'total tit' as I've often been called!

Another 50 years of that kind of behaviour and you'll be dead and people will say I told you so.

Back
Top Bottom