Why do you switch blade types?

dodgy said:

Maybe 700-800 blades in all. Heh, sounds like your travel set.

Very witty Martin. :icon_lol:

Variety is the spice of life but as Chris and others have mentioned, different razors and blades can have differing results not to mention razors you haven't yet bought or the doomsday scenario of production of certain DE blades ending...

geezer said:
dodgy said:

Maybe 700-800 blades in all. Heh, sounds like your travel set.

Very witty Martin. :icon_lol:

Variety is the spice of life but as Chris and others have mentioned, different razors and blades can have differing results not to mention razors you haven't yet bought or the doomsday scenario of production of certain DE blades ending...

Only been DE shaving for about a week and a half. Got some 7 oclock yellows, Derbys. Feathers are in the post.

Thought I'd try the popular ones as don't fancy getting a huge sample set that would last months and months.

Know what you mean about sample sets. I would say an Astra SP is a good starter blade as it's smooth and fairly (though not too) sharp for many. Never got on with Derby blades personally but there's always the YMMV thingymabob which rears its head frequently on shaving forums! ;)

I like to try out different blades. Usually what I do is put 2 lots of 5 blades into a blade tray, in alternate layers. When I get to the last 5 blades, I put another 5 blades making the total back up to 10, but in alternate layers so that I have 3 different blade brands in the same tray.

I have little stashes of different types everywhere, all mixed in usually. I choose the blade at the time of the shave but there might be three or four I'm thinking about getting to use the day/night or a few minutes before. At the moment I'm thinking of using a few I haven't tried for a while - Bluebird, Iridium Super and a 7 o'clock Sharp Edge

Back
Top Bottom