Why?

Did you noticed that wet shaving is not so much popular like other hobbies such as firearm , knives or even fishing. Shaving is something that most people need to do and is less expensive then firearms certainly. What is your opinion why whet shaving is not so much popular are people brain washed with advertise , to lazy or something else?

More perhaps an engrained habit for me than a hobby. When I started in uniform a beard or unshaven appearance would have resulted in disciplinary action unless the wearer had a medical certificate testifying to a medical condition. Now, half a century on, a close daily shave is just a lifestyle to me. That I have access now to great kit just adds pleasure to custom.

JohnnyO. o/

I do not consider shaving my hobby. Collecting vintage (and some new) razors and honing my straight razors is a hobby. As for why wet shaving is not more popular...everyone has different interests. I have friends who tie flies, make fishing rods, carve wood, paint in watercolour, collect coins or stamps, etc...none of which interest me. What amazes me more is I meet people who have no hobbies! Imagine how boring life would be without a hobby!

Unless you sport a beard shaving is something that you need to do every day (most of us), now because you have to do it every day if you allow it to be it can become a chore or you can make the best out of it by investing in some good kit and do a great job and feel happy about it, turning a chore into a pleasure. Before you know it you will be looking forward to your shave and you will take your time and do it well.
It's all in your mind, you can keep it as a chore that needs to be done or you can turn it into something that you enjoy, a bit of me time, so to sum up shaving is a state of mind, it's your choice, chore or pleasure. I get great pleasure from taking my time (me time) with my shave and I give myself a great shave and afterwards I feel great.
It's the same with most things in life, you can moan and drag your feet or make the most out of it and enjoy it, whatever it is. Live life, love life
I don't know if I would call it a hobby or not but It is an enjoyable past time!

Last edited:
More perhaps an engrained habit for me than a hobby

hobbit
Pronunciation: /ˈhɒbit/
noun (plural hobbitses)

Something involving hairy feet or other body parts, accumulation and use of shiny precious things, a preference for pleasure and enjoyment, and sharing of such in a social setting.

Thanks to @riverrun for the dictionary template ;)

For me, it's a most enjoyable hobbit and a fifteen minutes of own-time every day.

Back
Top Bottom