Wickhams clearout

I have been working my way through a range of samples, trying to figure out my favourite scents. When I heard it was likely leaving us I ordered a couple of full size ones.

Used the Imperial Tonic this morning and another top notch shave.

One of the big boys needs to sub-licence the formula!

longplay said:
I have been working my way through a range of samples, trying to figure out my favourite scents. When I heard it was likely leaving us I ordered a couple of full size ones.

Used the Imperial Tonic this morning and another top notch shave.

One of the big boys needs to sub-licence the formula!

didn't you read his post? he intends to make a new soap - all is not lost
Fox said:
Thank you Gentlemen for all the wishes of wellness, and thank you Andy for all your help, you are all gents in the true meaning. It seems I have now turned an important corner in my personal life and popped my head out above a long standing dark and bleak cloud, it feel great to be back doing what I enjoy most... making good Shaving Soap.

I have added more stock to the Wickhams website, inc. Spice Trade. I have plenty left as I don't plan to restock previous suppliers. The idea is indeed to clear stock and to generate a cash flow to open a new door with a new soap. Some of you may remember last year I spent a lot of time working on a hard soap, I am going to pick it back up from where I left off and bring it to market. I start work on that again next Tuesday after a long break in London with friends who I have not seen for a long time.

Wishing you all a very enjoyable bank holiday weekend. And seriously, thank you for all your overwhelming support, it's very much appreciated.

Fox :D

Welcome back Darron - glad to hear things are going in the right direction. I've only a single tub of your splendid Soithsea Spray, but looking forward to the hard soaps and some new scents.

I'd love to see a Rosemary based soap - what a lovely summery, earthy smell.

All the best, anyway.

Jon

Just received some Club Cola, lovely smell but i could not lather it so switched over to some Don Marco i received this week.
I face lather btw, do i need to bowl lather or try a different brush?

Re: RE: Wickhams clearout

Holyzeus said:
Just received some Club Cola, lovely smell but i could not lather it so switched over to some Don Marco i received this week.
I face lather btw, do i need to bowl lather or try a different brush?
Couldn't lather it? All my wickhams lather up just by looking at em......

I've never had a problem lathering Wickham soap either. I find I don't need to load for very long to get a great lather. I've been face lathering recently too.

Sure its just the brush, it just clumped on the ends of the bristles like a soft wax and wouldn't break into a lather.
It could be my technique also

Put a few drops of warm water on the soap and let it sit for a couple of mins. Soak your brush in warm water for a few minutes also. Shake out any excess water from the brush, then swirl the brush on the soap gently for about 20 seconds. Then face lather.

Never had a problem with Wickhams... lather monster.

jb74 said:
Put a few drops of warm water on the soap and let it sit for a couple of mins. Soak your brush in warm water for a few minutes also. Shake out any excess water from the brush, then swirl the brush on the soap gently for about 20 seconds. Then face lather.

Pretty much my standard technique, didn't work this morning..

Very strange... bad batch, hard water?

I actually have to be careful with it... it just generates tonnes of lather, and ends up everywhere but my face.

Fairly hard water but no trouble with any other soaps, brand new delivered yesterday.
I'll give it another bash tomorrow night with a different brush

Back
Top Bottom