Wickhams ESP24

Background

As the result of a recent conversation with Darron, I was offered the opportunity of testing out a new soap base, which he generously offered me 100g of in a certain flavour (he only had a small amount of the fragrance and it will not be referred to again, nor probably into mass production).
(L)_brands_imperial.jpg
I paid over and beyond Darron's suggested p&p contribution, so you can take the below purely as my opinion of the (paid for) product, with no particular bias or agenda.

This was a croap, whether you would class it a soft-soap or hard-cream, would depend on your preference.

Using a well soaked brush, I made about half a dozen swirls in each direction and just for the sake of this review, I palm lathered it, although yesterday I face lathered it with similar results.

As you can see, latherability of this product is not only very good, but a doddle too. The lather was slick and performed well in the 'sink test' (- you squeeze the lather off your brush and drop in a sink of water, the longer it stays a blob - the better lather you've got).

I shaved with a Red Tip and a Supermax blue - because they're not very good blades and need a decent lathery slickness. There were no problems on either shaves.

As for afters, I have purposely not used either balms or AS, in order to assess the full post-shave effects. My skin has been soft and smooth. No irritation, no dryness.

In conclusion, while this has been my first Wickhams product, it will most likely not be my last, by any means. Good lather, good scent, good post shave feel.

Darron - it's a winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Make it so!(L)_brands_imperial.jpg

Back
Top Bottom