Wilkinson Sword Profile Blades

On a recent purchase from our friend in Holland Erwin (Merwtje) knowing that i use the Metal Gillette Contour / Atra Razors now and then, he kindly threw in a pack of Wilkinson Sword "Profile" Cartridge Blades which are compatible with said razor.

These are Vintage blades, i think from the 1980's but they are far superior to the Supermarket brand ones that you see here and also Gillette ones that are still available, and they don't seem to clog up like the cheap supermarket ones do, used them with Soap and Cream.

So if any of you guys use a Cartridge Razor, then contact Erwin and try these blades, you won't be disapointed.

Steve

I used to use the Gillette Contour back in the 1980s, and I do remember using the WS Profile cartridges when they were available.

At least the Gillette Contour cartridges are still available. As for the handle, Lidl supermarket did sell a twin blade razor years ago, and the handle was very similar to the Contour handle but made of a black metal.

Now I have some of the still sealed white 5 packs that were sold in the US but ' made in England ' that read that they are the original stainless steal DE blades but with a triple coating process of chromium, ceramic and PTFE. Are these the classics that are being talked about?

Johnus said:
Now I have some of the still sealed white 5 packs that were sold in the US but ' made in England ' that read that they are the original stainless steal DE blades but with a triple coating process of chromium, ceramic and PTFE. Are these the classics that are being talked about?

Yes, these are the originals with the coatings as you can read on the back side.

I have the same "made in England" Wilkinson Sword Profile cartridges, and I think they are the best Contour compatible cartridges you can find nowadays. They don't have a lubricating strip, and they don't clog (likely a relationship there). Besides, they are very sharp, compared to the current Personna and Dorco cartridges (all with that terrible lubricating strip, which does nothing but clogging the blades).

Back
Top Bottom