Wilkinson Sword soap.

Sorry mate

I'm maybe a dissenting voice here, among many, but I get a good shave from it.

There are much better soaps out there and some just as cheap, such as the Erasmic bowl, which is similar and is easier the lather and you can get that for about £2.50 from Savers and even cheaper in Bodyworks.

All I'm saying is that it's possible, with a bit of heavy loading, to get a decent shave from the WS soap and I like the way it leaves my skin.

It's not in the same league as LPL, Wickhams or Soap Commander, or about 10 others I could mention, but it's certainly a useable soap.

If it came in a ceramic dish from Yorkshire and was difficult to load then you would have a hundred people telling you a hundred different ways to lather it but never give up.

That's just my opinion but I don't have any difficulty getting a decent lather out of it.

Oh I'm not sure I would travel any real distance to get so best let it be.

I'm just saying there some of us out there that think it's ok

i made the mistake of using it on my return to DE shaving. Did not like poor Lather, so switched to Palmolive Cream. Quite put me off soaps altogether , though had brought a Tabac Stick which i did not use for some time. Instead , i brought Proraso Creams for some time, and then tried a few more inexpensive Creams.

After about 9 months with time to spare, tried the Tabac stick and quite liked it,and then used it for travel purposes. After getting used to SE shaving, decided I ought to
get a bowl of soap. Got MWF, and love it.Maybe try some different soaps, have The Lea Classic,which I like.

PS Still use the Wilkinsons blue bowl, when i am using Creams - am looking for Pottery Bowl.

I used the WS shaving soap in a blue bowl last year, and I always got good lathers from it. The earlier black bowl version wasn't so good, but that was in the 1990s.

First soap I bought. Had nothing to compare it to so thought it was the dogs danglies. Now i've got some EJ Aloe and a few TF&H I realise that it's sh*t!

Free to a good home if anyone wants it lol.

Back
Top Bottom