WILKINSON SWORD SOAP

WILKINSON SWORD SOAP

This week I will be shaving with the Wilkinson Sword Soap (blue bowl) which I bought from Asda for £2. :icon_cheesygrin:

For the next few days I will shave with my Thick Handled Tech and a Derby blade. I always shave straight from the shower.

I only own Proraso white and green in terms of soap so these will be my benchmark. My soaping technique will be to bowl lather the soap for around 90 seconds and then build on the face. Im using a cheaper brush.

Day 1:
The soap has a “CHEAP” aftershave smell. It reminds me of when your granny buys you an aftershave set from poundland for xmas. :mad:

It creates quite a nice and easy lather. It did seem a little thin on the face but I will put this down to technique and see what happens next time. Comparing it with the Proraso it didn't have the same glide and ease of shaving. I did suffer from areas of drag.

Im a little bleeder. I “ALWAYS” cut myself however apart from a little nick it was cut free which I was quite impressed with.

Day 1 Conclusion:
Smells a little ruff. Makes a good lather. Could be better with improved technique. So far 6/10.

Never used it, but yours is the first semi-positive review of it I've ever read. If you find it works for you once your technique improves, though, don't be afraid to use it. There are plenty of blades, soaps etc. which most people consider useless, but which work well for some.

Well it got a 6 as I was giving the Proraso a 9.5 as its my only soap and I love it to be honest. If in fact the Proraso is a middle level soap then it make the Wilko even worse.

Anyway shave number two and its getting a little worse. Not much lubrication at all really. Lots of drag and its only one days growth.

Going to shave with it again tomorrow but I think that maybe the last time it sees the light of day.

chrisbell said:
One thought may be to put it in a drawer or somewhere for a few months. Once you've got your technique sorted (say late this year), dig it out and try it again.

Or he could just leave it in the drawer. :sleepy:

Pig Cat said:
chrisbell said:
One thought may be to put it in a drawer or somewhere for a few months. Once you've got your technique sorted (say late this year), dig it out and try it again.

Or I could pif it!!! Now whats your address? :dodgy:

SIRUSKEY said:
Pig Cat said:
chrisbell said:

Or I could pif it!!! Now whats your address? :dodgy:

piff it, is that lilke skip it cos thats what i did with mine.

I too bought the Wilkinson's sword soap bowl as a starter soap. Lasted two days and then went in the bin - replaced it with Prof. Blighty's Applewood glycerin soap.

I used it for a while, as my travelling soap. Something about the scent I found depressing. It lathered, but only so so. In a world with Arko and Palmolive, to name but two, I cant think of a single justification for this soap.

You've all got it wrong, here's how you get the best out of your Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap.

1. Use it to lubricate screws before screwing into hardwood.

2. Use it to grease axles and bicycle chains.

3. Use it to clean scummy residue from pots and pans.

4. Use it to grease and lubricate stiff/ squeeky hinges.

What you must never do, is try to use it as a shaving soap, stick to the above guidelines and you should be fine.

What annoys me even more about this soap is that you see it everywhere, supermarkets, chemists, they all have it, whereas the Wilkinson stick and cream are great products and almost impossible to find in the shops.

Back
Top Bottom