Will these fit in a Wardonia?

Nevertheless, I'm intrigued now ...

I'm a card-carrying single edge shaver, but I do still have a good collection of Gillette Techs which I enjoy as objects. Also attracted to the weird and esoteric, I rather fancy a pack of these to try out in one or two of my more tactile Techs. I mean, I seem to be the only fellow who actually enjoys a Durham Duplex shave now, the only fellow who actually says the Techmatic is fun and the only fellow who has continued with the Weck despite it being the finest straight edge shave out there ... you know, these blades might be for me! :D

Well got the box of ten today, pulled out the Wardonia.

And.. no cigar
The holes don't match as you can see in the pic:

05ac706efa5d9d5c4310264bbbc235ea.jpg

The Wardonia's pins are bunched up too closely.
It fits well in a Merkur and EJ.

Tomorrow morning I'll give it a go in the EJ.

These blades are thick like the vintage blades and smell of machine oil like some old blades I came across.

8dc0178ea1dd272358ddf0f269a01fb5.jpg

7cdeb6d6a8c8bdb831eb4e796af643e7.jpg

b80a8882f21b0d2921c03d05f4fef917.jpg

ce67a9894f3a257344b3599ab797dab4.jpg
6ca9feac1315e1c796ab054c05db2a13.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Well got the box of ten today, pulled out the Wardonia.

And.. no cigar

It fits well in a Merkur and EJ.

Tomorrow morning I'll give it a go in the EJ.

These blades are thick like the vintage blades and smell of machine oil like some old blades I came across.

Shaving with a Chinese knockoff of what is undeniably the worst blade ever. What's the worst that could happen?

At least it's the new improve version.

Yes Dave, as your Wardonia disliked the improve version and now after this morning shave I am seriously contemplating my plan to test the Czech original or any un improved varieties.

Loaded the blade to the EJ89, slapped a thick Erasmic cream lather and went to to work.

It was obvious from the first half wtg pass that the tugging is it's main characteristic, doing the second half wtg pass brought another feature: it doesn't cut

Even with slight pressure the blade is as blunt as a Wilki Sticky without a blade.

Quickly took it out and dropped in the recycle can, loaded the Voshkod from yesterday and all is fine with the world.

If any one has a fetish for blunt retro style blades (this is the improve version of course) please send me a SAE and I will ship it the tuck to your door.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom