Winter boots

Evening gents, probably left this late but I'm looking to stock up on some winter footwear as the cold winter bite has finally hit us. Looking to keep it under £100 so anything out there you'd suggest? Been looking around and not really found anything I like.

For what purpose? Do they need to look smart-ish? Purely functional? Performance? Lightweight?

Personally, I have some Rohan Ghandruks which are "travel boots". They're very lightweight (lighter than Brasher lightweight), Goretex, wide toe box and have seen me through muddy autumns, snowy winters, warm springs and hot summers. Warmer months and shorter journeys, outdoor pub after a good walk, I wear them with thin, regular socks and colder months or longer walks where I want a cosy fit to avoid blisters, a pair of walking socks fills them out.

Maintenance is simply Dubbin, although now in their third year I have gone around the edge of the plastic/rubber where it meets the leather with a bead of UHU.

I tend to walk about 600-1000 miles a year across three different types of footwear and these have seen the most. I think they'll be approaching 1000 miles now and have been washed off and Dubbin applied maybe 5 or 6 times. They've been up many a hill and down many a dale, twice to Iceland and once to Malta.

http://rohantime.com/tag/ghandruk-shoe/

Would like them to look stylish i.e. wear with jeans and keep my feet warm! Not really hiking shoes or need to look smart, just something comfortable and looks pretty good. Timberland's are something I like the look of but there's so many to choose from and I can't see some of the inside lining of some of them, but they're meant to be known for winter boots right?

Go to Clarks and try something, I'm sure they have a mock chukka or brogue boot that'll be better made for your budget, I would not trust the build quality of a low to mid priced Timberland, Cat etc.

If you want "waterproof" Timberlands they do generally cost more than £100, if you just want Timberlands for the sake of the name spend less and get a lesser boot for your money i.e low to mid price = £50 to £100.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Timberland-Mens-Authentic-Waterproof-Boots/dp/B003OBZS54/ref=pd_sim_sh_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=1F9R7WK5VB1EZDVFNFYH

I saw some in a sale for about the £100 mark. I only said I liked how they look not that I specifically wanted a pair of Timberlands solely.

Back
Top Bottom