Winter Soap/Cream

I was going to post this in the tackle section but felt it would get a broader audience here.

Now the fresh morning are upon us I fancy a warming winter soap or cream. I currently have TOBS sandalwood but something about it is a bit artificial.

What would you guys recommend?

Immediate thoughts - TABAC if you are OK with it's distinctive scent, or MWF (excellent post-shave skin care for colder weather as well as a fabulous shave). Also pretty sure Nanny does some winter warmer types. Her soaps seem to have an excellent reputation here and will be on my list when I next need to replenish the rotation.

The Art of Shaving Sandalwood - for its very nice, warm scent and superb performance
MWF - its a true classic and a must for winter
Castle Forbes Lavender - for the astonishing way it leaves your skin moisturized after a shave
D.R. Harris Marlborough - for its tobacco/musky scent and terrific lathering ability in all waters
Tabac - ditto
Nanny's Sandalwood - for its subdued but special scent, for its cleanliness and for its slickness

Well, due to sheer obstinacy, I'm going to continue using the current rotation and not swap in until something's used up: Cella, La Toja stick, Prorao white, Proraso green and RazoRock XXX. On the subs' bench, I have MWF, C&E Sienna and Arko all waiting to step in. I doubt any of them'll see use until Christmas which, in reality, hardly troubles me.

Thanks guys looks like I'm going to have to get some samples from Connaught shaving, damn these alluring smells! I desperately need to use up my current stock. Hardly the worst thing in the world, but I wonder if there is such a thing as too much choice?

Back
Top Bottom