Wood Blade Display

Well i have stacks of vintage gillette blades, and seemd a shame to just have them in a plastic box, didn't want to pay tons for a gillette blade display that were in shops years ago, i went to our local garden center today bought an unfinished wooden craft box with a clear acryllic lid (32 x 16 x 6cm) for £5.00 gave it a sand to remove the worst of the rough edges, and a bit of wood stain later and i have a nice little blade display

looks really nice in daylight, camera flash and room lights at night don't make it look good.

100_0529.jpg

100_0530.jpg

100_0531.jpg

100_0532.jpg

Johnus said:
Nice idea will Gillette razors fit into too? You could set it up as a timeline, showing which razors went with which blades.

The compartments are just a little small for most razors, but the gillette plastic dispensers fit just fine, now have to find more of each type of vintage blade

have stacks of Gillette Blue and Thin blades in boxes and some seven o clocks, another thing to add to my e-bay radar....:s

that is really cool, i am still looking for an alternative stand for my razors, wooden would be nice, just trawling the bay for toothbrush holders & pipe holders to see if i can find anything, have you any ideas please? rick.

singerman said:
that is really cool, i am still looking for an alternative stand for my razors, wooden would be nice, just trawling the bay for toothbrush holders & pipe holders to see if i can find anything, have you any ideas please? rick.

How many razors you got ?

Looks nice Steve, I have a colourful razor Art print I took and framed in my bathroom on display, you could put in some small L.E.D lights I reckon run off a small battery pack I think i will look great.

Jamie.

sunburyboy93 said:
singerman said:

Ive got an ej89 that sits looking pretty on a single chrome stand,but ive got 5 very clean vintage gilettes that just sit in a ramekin in the bathroom, would be nice to display them, but still be easy to get at them for a shave :icon_razz: thank you for your support :)

singerman said:
sunburyboy93 said:
singerman said:

Ive got an ej89 that sits looking pretty on a single chrome stand,but ive got 5 very clean vintage gilettes that just sit in a ramekin in the bathroom, would be nice to display them, but still be easy to get at them for a shave :icon_razz: thank you for your support :)

Some of us have used rotating ink stamp holders

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRODAT-RU...S-10-RUBBER-STAMPS-/150341867118#ht_797wt_689

steve - sorry i hijacked your post re your rather cool blade box...

just to let you know, i bought the rubber stamp stand from the bay & its absolutely perfect for my 5 vintage razors :) there are 10 hanging spaces, & it is a perfect fit to hang a razor in every other space :) revolves too, so displays the razors nicely, but with easy access to each for a shave :)

thanks again m8, rick.

singerman said:
steve - sorry i hijacked your post re your rather cool blade box...

just to let you know, i bought the rubber stamp stand from the bay & its absolutely perfect for my 5 vintage razors :) there are 10 hanging spaces, & it is a perfect fit to hang a razor in every other space :) revolves too, so displays the razors nicely, but with easy access to each for a shave :)

thanks again m8, rick.

good good, thats what i like to hear, i had three of these then i got the bug and serious collecting started and now have far too many for the stand (a five foot display case, and 4 full shelves are now used !! :blush::blush:)

JohnnyO said:
Actually, it's the absence of the famous sofa which makes it "look not so goodly !".
What an inventive guy you be Steve, nice one.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

The Sofa is only used for display during the Car Boot "Hunting Season" during the quiet off season months, the sofa has a nice rest :blush:

Back
Top Bottom