Woohoo 36" jeans

I tried on a pair of 36" waist jeans today and they fit!! that's 2 sizes and 2st 10lbs down since New Year's Day,can't believe how much better I feel and look, i am so happy with myself i,m going out to buy some new clothes:icon_razz:

Congratulations Sir! It's a good feeling isn't it?

I've lost a few stone over the last 2 years, and as much of a bugger it is that my clothes started not fitting, and I had to spend out on new ones, it just shows you how much you've lost and really does make you feel good!

Without wanting to turn this into Loose Women, how did you do it?

Well done.

In my running days I was over two stone less than I am now in my old age. I felt good. But it was funny how people asked me if I was OK because I looked a bit gaunt. No one says that now!

Congratulations!
I lost a similar amount of weight about three years ago and kept it off.

Great to wear some slimmer neater clothes. I found I was still in the mindset of getting baggy clothes... didn't like to get slim-fitting clothes in case I put weight back on again... just beginning to get out of that now

If you loose weight under 40 years old people tell you that you look better, after 40 and people wonder if you are ill.

I have never been heavy but I have had a few ups and downs on my weight and it is harder to get smaller waists now. I struggled to get a decent 30 or 32 waist at a 32 leg. Got told to check kids sections and had to search around. Sometimes even the right size on the label had the assumption you have an arse that needs number plates and lights.

And do you think she will compliment you? (Loose woman speak)

SmallBeard said:
Congratulations Sir! It's a good feeling isn't it?

I've lost a few stone over the last 2 years, and as much of a bugger it is that my clothes started not fitting, and I had to spend out on new ones, it just shows you how much you've lost and really does make you feel good!

Without wanting to turn this into Loose Women, how did you do it?

Well done.

Loose women ha loose shavers more like!
I never used to eat regular meals so the first thing was to eat breakfast,lunch,dinner every day, I set myself a target of 1200-1500 cals a day and snack on fruit or Veg sticks and drink plenty of water, I was inspired if you like by watching the Hairy Dieters on tv so bought the book and started to cook recipes from there and as I do all the cooking at home made it easier,then got used to portion control and low fat alternatives,also I bought a bike and started at 20 mins excercise now I try to get at least an hour a day if I can, mind you I haven't had an Indian or Chinese since Christmas and do miss that but I treat myself to a Chicken shish kebab with extra chilli sauce every fortnight

Re: RE: Woohoo 36" jeans

Audiolab said:
If you loose weight under 40 years old people tell you that you look better, after 40 and people wonder if you are ill.

I have never been heavy but I have had a few ups and downs on my weight and it is harder to get smaller waists now. I struggled to get a decent 30 or 32 waist at a 32 leg. Got told to check kids sections and had to search around. Sometimes even the right size on the label had the assumption you have an arse that needs number plates and lights.

And do you think she will compliment you? (Loose woman speak)

try xplicit.

i picked up some 28" waist and 32 leg jeans the other day from there.

have a look st nxtgen jeans they do the sizes you seek. if they fit you could buy on amazon etx

Everyone these days seems to be a 34 34, as I can never find my size, but I don't see many people my size around.

I did the same thing, lost 10kg last year and kept it off.

Well done!

Garbe said:
Everyone these days seems to be a 34 34, as I can never find my size, but I don't see many people my size around.

Quite agree. Trying to find something 34/36 waist and 33/34 leg and they're all sold out... when I look on the street all the guys round here are all five foot square... they all look like they're off to delve deeply in the mines of Khazad Dum. It doesn't add up!

WELL DONE.
I never used to eat regular meals so the first thing was to eat breakfast,lunch,dinner every day, I set myself a target of 1200-1500 cals a day and snack on fruit or Veg sticks and drink plenty of water, I was inspired if you like by watching the Hairy Dieters on tv so bought the book and started to cook recipes from there and as I do all the cooking at home made it easier,then got used to portion control and low fat alternatives,also I bought a bike and started at 20 mins excercise now I try to get at least an hour a day if I can, mind you I haven't had an Indian or Chinese since Christmas and do miss that but I treat myself to a Chicken shish kebab with extra chilli sauce every fortnight.
How did you manage on the 1200 - 1500 cals. I need to loose a couple of stone but I'm now 63. Give me a clue as I think my biggest problem is portion control. Normal day for me Porridge with sweetner, Sandwich whole meal bread lean meat and salad, evening meal chicken / lean meat veg no spuds or home made spag bol or chilli con carne, been thinking about minced turkey instead of beef. I try to only have a couple of beers after I play golf, carry a full set no trolley. Intend to re join a gym ASAP. Thanks, Bob

WiffWaff said:
when I look on the street all the guys round here are all five foot square... they all look like they're off to delve deeply in the mines of Khazad Dum. It doesn't add up!

:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

P.S. best way to lose weight and get into serious shape is by doing circuits classes (some gyms call it "boot camp" etc). Swimming and running takes way longer, as it doesn't put body into extreme conditions.

Big Bob said:
WELL DONE.
How did you manage on the 1200 - 1500 cals. I need to loose a couple of stone but I'm now 63. Give me a clue as I think my biggest problem is portion control. Normal day for me Porridge with sweetner, Sandwich whole meal bread lean meat and salad, evening meal chicken / lean meat veg no spuds or home made spag bol or chilli con carne, been thinking about minced turkey instead of beef. I try to only have a couple of beers after I play golf, carry a full set no trolley. Intend to re join a gym ASAP. Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob
Surprisingly it wasn't too difficult managing 1200-1500 cals a day, as you say portion control is key,weigh everything to start with then you get used to portion control for eg breakfast I have 50 gr of porridge made with half semi skimmed milk and half water about 180 cals and a small banana 95 cals, when I first weighed out pasta which was 70gr I thought no way will that be enough but it was I,m not saying I sat there thinking wow I'm stuffed! but I was full so considering before I would of had 3x that amount shows I was eating too much, download www.myfitnesspal.com I found it invaluable using their food diary so you can keep an eye on what your eating and how many calories you have used ad quite often found I needed to eat something in the evening to get to my target!
In November I had a health check with my doctor and he told me then that losing weight isn't rocket science you have to eat less and do more, at the time I thought he was talking out of his arse but now realise he was absolutely correct!
Good luck Bob I'm sure your do it

Back
Top Bottom