Wool fat soap

I picked up a cake of this after seeing it in a Hebden Bridge shop. Not specifically for shaving though. Is this the stuff that folk wax lyrical about on the various shaving forums?
If it is the shaving soap then yes it is, many people love this soap including me, you will of course find people who disregard it as a cheap inferior product but I think that there are more people that like it than do not.
I personally think It is a wonderful soap full of great stuff like tallow and lanolin, it performs very well and has a great post shave feel. For the price ( as little as £6.30) for 120gm I think it is probably unbeatable...... But this is only my opinion others will I'm sure disagree! I will always have a puck of this to hand. There are probably better soaps on the market but you will be paying more for them. I hope you enjoy using it. One trick to get a great lather out of this soap is to properly hydrate the puck, let it soak for up to 48 hours initially and absorb the water then drain off any excess and you are ready to go and then just Bloom the puck for ten minutes before each shave. ( a tip I picked up here. And it works) happy shaving. If after the all that it is the hand / bath soap you have bought it is still very good and I also use every day, it is so creamy and again full of great stuff like tallow and lanolin, and I loves it!

I picked up a cake of this after seeing it in a Hebden Bridge shop. Not specifically for shaving though. Is this the stuff that folk wax lyrical about on the various shaving forums?
If it doesn't actually say shaving soap then it's probably their hand soap or bath soap. I have seen the hand soap in some shops too but I have only ever seen the shaving soap online (it's not even mentioned on the official website).

If it is the shaving soap then yes it is, many people love this soap including me, you will of course find people who disregard it as a cheap inferior product but I think that there are more people that like it than do not.
I personally think It is a wonderful soap full of great stuff like tallow and lanolin, it performs very well and has a great post shave feel. For the price ( as little as £6.30) for 120gm I think it is probably unbeatable...... But this is only my opinion others will I'm sure disagree! I will always have a puck of this to hand. There are probably better soaps on the market but you will be paying more for them. I hope you enjoy using it. One trick to get a great lather out of this soap is to properly hydrate the puck, let it soak for up to 48 hours initially and absorb the water then drain off any excess and you are ready to go and then just Bloom the puck for ten minutes before each shave. ( a tip I picked up here. And it works) happy shaving. If after the all that it is the hand / bath soap you have bought it is still very good and I also use every day, it is so creamy and again full of great stuff like tallow and lanolin, and I loves it!
Thanks for that. I'm going to try shaving with it any way. The will fat soap you're describing sounds like a brand. This stuff is will fat soap because that's what kind of soap out is [emoji3]

Sent from my HTC Desire EYE using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I'm going to try shaving with it any way. The will fat soap you're describing sounds like a brand. This stuff is will fat soap because that's what kind of soap out is [emoji3]

Sent from my HTC Desire EYE using Tapatalk
The shaving soap looks like this
450f9d1044d0aa0cb180790297b9d461.jpg

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

There are a Lot of Tallow Soaps out there for Sale for Washing in..A Lot of Women Buy it in Europe because its Skin Friendly & Natural..All Soap was Tallow at One Time Until the Upper Classes Decided that they were too Far Up their Own Arse to Put Dirty Animal Fats on their Bodies..o_O

That's Where White Bread Came from as Well and Cost a Fortune at the Time..The Bread was Bleached White to Clean it for the Upper Class Twats that think they are Ladies & Gentleman while they Put Young Working Class Boys Up Chimneys to Clean them & Bought & Sold their Young Girls for Vice..Nice Folks..Nothing has Changed..:eek:

Oh..Yeah..MWF Shaving Soap has a Cult Following..Its Way Over Rated..:D:D:D

Billy

A soap with more than a century or so, for me deserves far more followers than any other. On quality regarding, don't see anyone better than this. Maybe better scented (MNS, Lea, Valobra stick, Nanny's Traditional, La Toja, Cella, to me aren't better than this) but this is an amazing soap and when you get along with its tricky lathering system, old times surround your shave and you feel younger... For sure.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

This is the stuff I bought. Looks like hand soap but I'm going to shave with it and see how it goes chaps.
503dc7e865a3a48787a3f8238ec9e935.jpg
Looks very similar to the Mitchell's wool fat bath soap, I did try and lather up my MWF bath soap with a brush and got a very thin lather so not the same as the shave soap. Give it a go and let us know how you get on. Happy shaving.

Back
Top Bottom