Work Fragrance

Dear all

Starting a new job at the end of the month. A lot more formal will be shirt, tie etc. Do not wish to smell like a teenager on the pull or an old man.

I'd like it to be long lasting and not too overpowering.

Looking at Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme.

Any others worth a look?

Regards

Ben

I'm 38, if this makes any difference.

hdb3326 said:
Dear all

Starting a new job at the end of the month. A lot more formal will be shirt, tie etc. Do not wish to smell like a teenager on the pull or an old man.

I'd like it to be long lasting and not too overpowering.

Looking at Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme.

Any others worth a look?

Regards

Ben

Such a personal choice, but I'd say check out Guerlain Vetiver, Bulgari Pour Homme, Creed Green Irish Tweed and Acqua Di Parma Colonia. All classics, none of which is likely to offend. Plus, you could always make things interesting by not sticking to one 'signature' fragrance and change things up a bit when the mood takes you.

... a couple of spritzes of Armani Acqua di Gio works well for me. Light, lasts and generally well liked by both guys and gals at the office.

The thing is to try out some on your skin and see how you like them after a couple of hours. Pop down to a department store at the weekend.

I find D&G PH quite loud (?) - it's lemony sweet with a big smack of tobacco. I used it as a clubbing scent for a while.

I'd stick with an edc or something inoffensive until you get your foot in. Once you're established, though, crack on. I wear some fairly oddball things now and get away with it. In fact, fragrance is one of the few things I enjoy during the day!

hdb3326 said:
Dear all

And what, exactly, do you have against old men? And just what,pray, do they all smell like?

I'm betting you could find much to your taste in this old man's collection - if you could afford it!

Bechet45 said:
hdb3326 said:
Dear all

And what, exactly, do you have against old men? And just what,pray, do they all smell like?

I'm betting you could find much to your taste in this old man's collection - if you could afford it!

Now calm down you crotchety old geezer. I think he meant that Eau de Old Man might be too distinguished a fragrance to pull off. Something that reminds the sniffer of suspenders and pants worn way up past the belly button. I'm sure it was meant as a compliment.

Didn't you make up a cologne a while back using cat pee and vinegar as the main notes? Maybe the OP would enjoy something along those lines. Oh wait.......that was an after shave with a civet note (not cat pee).

Actually Carl, since Vinny has most likely passed away, you are probably one here to edumicate the OP on what's good for him. Didn't you free fall down that rabbit hole for a while?

Possibly I am wrong about Vinnie, and hopefully he is only mostly dead.

Martin

Ohhhh, any word on your special old man walking sticks?

Yes there was no offence mate you old git. As it happens i have just ordered some Geo F Trumpers Lime Cologne so think that may do the trick.

This place is great!

If you're into Lime & find that the Trumper's scent doesn't have gr8 longevity you may wish to give Floris Lime a go. Otherwise I'd have suggested one of the not overly intrusive, distinctive and tasteful Floris EDTs. My own fave is No 89, however, since I'm in the Big Bro Bechet age bracket (although thankfully not quite up there with Morton) that may seem a tad too "aged" for you young whippersnappers.
The one I'd truly recommend for a thrusting young executive would be Tom Ford's £300 special oud, which I blame Carl for as he let me have a sampler of it.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Tom Ford a little out of my price range but the Floris sounds good. I have had some Penhaligon samples and they are rather nice as well.

Don't feel like a young whippersnapper, the 8 yr old daughter runs me ragged!

Maybe worth mentioning that Floris usually seem to have 2 sales a year far as I know. Next one would be in January I believe. The savings are gr8 & it's just the packaging which changes. That's when I lash out on my indulgences.
Like yourself Tom Ford remains a vague aspiration in my "ideal toiletries shelf" !

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Re: RE: Work Fragrance

hdb3326 said:
Tom Ford a little out of my price range but the Floris sounds good. I have had some Penhaligon samples and they are rather nice as well.

Don't feel like a young whippersnapper, the 8 yr old daughter runs me ragged!

I always get complimented when wearing Penhaligon' s Sartorial.

It's one of my all time favourites. Worth grabbing a sample if you haven't got one already.

Back
Top Bottom