would like to refurbish an old razor

I am posting some pictures here, and I wonder where I can send my blade and if its even possible to sharpen it. Its supposed to be my first razor ever and I got it cheaply for 7 pounds, so it might not even be in an usable condition.
[attachment=7095][attachment=7093][attachment=7094][attachment=7092]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 46
I'd say contact Neil Miller. He is a member on here, and also has his own website here.

I'm sure others will offer more help and advice, but when I asked the same question about a razor I was given, I was pointed in his direction.

SmallBeard said:
I'd say contact Neil Miller. He is a member on here, and also has his own website here.

I'm sure others will offer more help and advice, but when I asked the same question about a razor I was given, I was pointed in his direction.
Thanks,

His site was my number #1 go-to when I researched this subject, but unfortunately he is chocked up with orders right now, and I need to find someone else.
His website says:
SORRY! I am not accepting any custom or restoration jobs until the ones I have are completed.

My beard is growing and I refuse to buy another gilette mach 3 :)

anon03434 said:
SmallBeard said:

Thanks,

His site was my number #1 go-to when I researched this subject, but unfortunately he is chocked up with orders right now, and I need to find someone else.
His website says:
SORRY! I am not accepting any custom or restoration jobs until the ones I have are completed.

My beard is growing and I refuse to buy another gilette mach 3 :)

Sorry for that, hadn't seen that on his website. Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable chaps will be along shortly with some helpful advice!

Apologies again, I'll get my coat.....

It's not always easy to tell from photos but there seems to be quite a bit of hone wear but I don't see any reason why it should not be honed to a shave ready state.

You mentioned refurbishing it - what do you mean by this? The blade looks clean enough without any signs of rust so why not just have it sharpened, try it out and then decide if straights are for you. To be honest I'm not sure it justifies spending a great deal of money on it.

I think Neil's notice refers to refurbs as opposed to his sharpening service so that page. If I'm wrong there is Steve at Invisible edge and if neither of them can accomodate you send me a pm and I'll do it.

Rob

UKRob said:
It's not always easy to tell from photos but there seems to be quite a bit of hone wear but I don't see any reason why it should not be honed to a shave ready state.

You mentioned refurbishing it - what do you mean by this? The blade looks clean enough without any signs of rust so why not just have it sharpened, try it out and then decide if straights are for you. To be honest I'm not sure it justifies spending a great deal of money on it.

I think Neil's notice refers to refurbs as opposed to his sharpening service so that page. If I'm wrong there is Steve at Invisible edge and if neither of them can accomodate you send me a pm and I'll do it.

Rob

I mean sharpen and clean the blade :)

Back
Top Bottom