Would you or wouldn't you ????? Vintage Shaving ???

Try these ?

[attachment=0]

I won them on Ebay for 99p and £1.00 postage.

They are all NOS.

The Blue Double Life ones are sealed in paper and then the usual "greaseproof"

7 o'Clocks are sealed in paper and then the usual "greaseproof"

The Take It ones Look a bit effiy only in box and Greaseproof, but clearly NOS

They all look ok but have that old "Chemist Shop" smell.

Any one who feels like a try PM me, The Wilkos are not included in this, as they were well worth the £1.99 total, they are what I was mainly after.

I may be brave enough for the Double Life and the 7 0'clocks, but the "Take It" are scary.

Attachments

• Blades.JPG
    361 bytes · Views: 189
I think you should try. If you palm strop the blades gently first (do a search on Youtube if you don´t know how to do it) and feel if the edges is even and smooth. That´s what I would do.

Northam Saint said:
If you would like a couple of the Double Life, Take It and an (English) 7 o'clock just pm me you add and I will pop a couple to you.
That's a very generous offer, which it's only fair that I decline. At current rate of usage, five DE blades is about a year's worth, so they'd be wasted on me. Thanks though :D

Now as a newbie I have spent much time reading stuff on here. Some may say too much, I say that it's not possible to get as much wisdom from you kind gents.

And, I have seen a vid on hand stropping and I do give a blade a hand strop from time to time. Mrs Northam did wonder if I had lost what little marbles I have left when she saw me doing this !!!

Arrowhead said:
I still do it occasionally with chisels, just to give the apprentice something to gawp at, but some people swear by it. Never tried it with a razor blade though.

I'd best not try hand stropping the sheath knife in front of my Cub Pack, that would either scare them of make use of my First Aid skills !!!

Back
Top Bottom