Would you or wouldn't you ????? Vintage Shaving ???

Northam Saint said:
Arrowhead said:
I still do it occasionally with chisels, just to give the apprentice something to gawp at, but some people swear by it. Never tried it with a razor blade though.

I'd best not try hand stropping the sheath knife in front of my Cub Pack, that would either scare them of make use of my First Aid skills !!!

Either way its getting into the News of the World.

Good, I have the ones you sent yesterday. Thank you very much, i'll report back on how they go.

Surprised you have post today !!! Blimey !!!

I must say the post around here is better than when we lived in Southampton. Bideford isn't that big but the Post is excellent. Even during the snow we still got deliveries, and postie was still in his shorts !! Anything I send first class and even second class, sometimes, gets there next day.

Have a good Easter.

Well I tried the Double Life this morning... quick look over the edges with a hand lens and they looked entirely normal (put it this way, I've looked at some modern current production blades that looked worse) so in to the 1927/8 New Improved and off for a test drive around the chops.

Entirely uneventful - on the sharper end of the scale I think. Nothing to see here move along (as I shall tomorrow).

hunnymonster said:
Tried a "Take it" today... again the blade looked in reasonable condition through the hand lens, but by the end of the third "stripe" on the face I was having second thoughts due to the tugging. By the end of the fourth I'd swapped the blade :lol:

No way i'm going to try them then, if they do that to an experienced hand like you.

Northam Saint said:
I sent two loads of blades out at the same time. Kev had my Bolzano Superinox Blades and sent me some blades I hadn't tried in return. :oops:
Tryed the superinox tonight in the slant very sharp almost feather like yet personna smooth very nice i now have to see how many shaves i can squeeze out of one i'll let you know :D

kev... said:
Northam Saint said:
I sent two loads of blades out at the same time. Kev had my Bolzano Superinox Blades and sent me some blades I hadn't tried in return. :oops:
Tryed the superinox tonight in the slant very sharp almost feather like yet personna smooth very nice i now have to see how many shaves i can squeeze out of one i'll let you know :D

I liked the Sputnik and got three shaves, with three passes each from one, but won't push a fourth day. Nice blade, going to try a feather this week on a day when Mrs Northam is home and I don't have to get the kids ready on my own for school. Thanks again Kev.

Back
Top Bottom