would you steralise your ebay blades

Following on from the fake iridiums,does anybody steralise their eBay bought
blades before use or their blades in general,
Didn't think until I saw the iridium post especially as I'm using and waiting
for more blades from a Turkish supplier mentioned on TSR

Bare with me it's boody hard to type on a HTC desire when your used to keyboards

Nope. I buy genuine Gillettes from UK sellers, I don't think I could be arsed with the faff of having to think about sterilising cheap blades.

If you have to sterilise I think you're going to have doubts about blade grind too. Not worth the hassle, all just to save a few pence per blade.

I just bought 400 sharks on eBay for the same price as I would get
150ish through a British retailer,
400 would have cost me £30 quid more ,
so myself I never dismiss online retailers and auctioneerts,can't afford to :(
And I did find the auctioneer through TSR :D

so myself I never dismiss online retailers

And no one says there's any reason why you should, you just have to be a little careful where (i.e. country and supplier) you buy from. I only mentioned UK suppliers as that's where all of mine have come from so far.
I'm happy to buy eBay blades, but I'm not buying from China or Hong Kong or from a seller with a murky or non-existent past.

With those sharks coming from Turkey I doubt you'll have a problem. They're made in Egypt and are widely on sale in Turkey.

JohnnyO said:
Cost of genuine blades from reputable suppliers is low enough that I wouldn't risk anything which may draw blood if I had doubts as to its sterility.

That.

The trick is ascertaining the reliability of a supplier on the other end of the internet, wherever that is. Letting others be on the bleeding edge is generally my technique... although sometimes that's just not possible and you have to weigh up the risk.

moodymick said:
I have a man in Turkey

I belive that your man is mine as well :cool: :D
got a bit paranoid about the egypt crowd problem and just ordered 400 sharks from our man :D
although a few days up and no sign of being posted :(

Hiya guys,while we're on this subject,I purchased some shark blades off ferroburak,based in turkey apparantly. Just wanted to hear about your experience dealing with this seller.

Cheers
James

Sorry, I don't have any experience to tell yet, but I ordered off him yesterday, so keen to see what people say.
I like the Rapira and there aren't that many selling them. With just an hour left on the auction I won 400 for just over £17 including postage.

NotTheStig said:
Sorry, I don't have any experience to tell yet, but I ordered off him yesterday, so keen to see what people say.
I like the Rapira and there aren't that many selling them. With just an hour left on the auction I won 400 for just over £17 including postage.

Have your received yours yet?I ordered on 1/2/11 and nothing so far

Back
Top Bottom