Wow, this stuff actually works!

Hi all, another London member signing up. I've never been much of a shaver so until recently my only experiences were with razorburntastic Mach 3's and face-ripping electric jobbys. Decided to give the old fashioned way a go recently and can safely say I'll never go back!

Started off with a cheap badger brush, some Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandlewood cream, and an alum block. Used all that with a 3-blade Gilette I had tucked away in a cupboard. The lathering was better but I could tell from the alum block I was still doing my skin no good, and of course I was enjoying the fun of 3 blades randomly skipping across my face :?

So after a couple of weeks getting used to that I picked up an Edwin Jagger DE from Amazon with some Derby blades. What a difference! No blade hopping, no irritation, no burning flesh upon putting alum or aftershave balm on...definitely the way forward for me! If only more guys knew how they were throwing their money away on 20-blade cartridges which do their faces no good anyway!

Just one question - my razor is a chrome plated one, as many of you probably already knew, and after rinsing it off at the end of my shave the metal on the head has gone really "cloudy" all over and has lost its shine. Is that normal?

Jamie

Hi Jamie, welcome to TSR! :D Re the chrome, I would just remove the blade, dismantle the razor and use a gentle bathroom cleaner on it. If you have a powerful one you could dilute it. Buff it around with some kitchen towel. I am no expert but think that should work!

G'day Jamie, & welcome to the Room

Parwin said:
I clean my razor after use and that keeps it shing bright. I know some probably can't be bothered, but its part of my routine.

• ... and routines are good as a good routine usually entertains the shrinks for a bit and after a while it gets ignored by the ward nurses and orderlies. [/list:u]
        • ... or so I've heard, er read ... no heard ... some place[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Urban Hermit said:
  • ... and routines are good as a good routine usually entertains the shrinks for a bit and after a while it gets ignored by the ward nurses and orderlies. [/list:u]
        • ... or so I've heard, er read ... no heard ... some place[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

• OK chaps, it looks like UH is back on the ward again. You know the drill. Keep talk away from the agreed topics, and avatars should not include pics of you-know-who. Oh, and best avoid any references to mixed team sports - that whole thread had to be deleted. :roll: Hopefully he'll be back to 'normal' again by Easter. :?

Hi and welcome!

If you want to clean the soap/scum build up, just put it in a bowl of hot water with clear vinegar (2/3 - 1/3), add a drop of WU liquid for good mesure.
Use an old toothbrush if its really bad, and rince the whole lot afterwards.

Works like a charm, costs next to nothing (less than 40p a bottle)

Max

Back
Top Bottom