wrecked my Bialetti in the dishwasher

Should have googled it before, not after.
My Bialetti stove top pot was looking a bit grimy inside all the nooks and crannys so I thought a quick blast in the dishwasher would revive it. My Bialetti Tuttocrema milk frother is fine in the dishwasher.
But when I took it out today the top part of the pot is a dull dark grey with horrible swirl marks all over it.
All the other parts are fine, just the top jug part.
I then did some google searches and it appears its permanent and no real point trying to revive it as a new one is less than £20.
Just feel like an idiot.
I have tried scrubbing with soap, water and a bit of toothpaste, but no luck.
And I'll be coffee-less until I buy a replacement.
I could have bought a shaving brush with that £20.

So there we are. Lesson learned. And if anyone on here didn't know about it, they do now.

I just don't trust of my coffee making equipment(only use it for plan ceramic coffee mugs) in the dish washer. Wish I could make myself try as it would be a lot easier. But just don't trust it.

I forgot to PM you Pedro, I was looking for some boiler insulation for ages.

Found some here, it's the closest I could find to expanded close cell silicone foam sheet sold in manageable quantities.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILICONE-SPONGE-SHEET-A4-SHEET-SIZE-WHITE-16LB-DENSITY-/230688253972?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item35b6176814#ht_500wt_1085

I'm sure I could try and revive, it, but its going to have coffee in it. How long will it take to wash out all traces of polish? And its the top part with the long inner spout. Thats going to be almost impossible to get clean inside.
I have admitted defeat and called myself a dumbass. I will be buying a new one as mine was looking a bit rough anyway. It needed new seals. I will now have some spares.

Back
Top Bottom