Wrights coal tar

thats very kind of you Jon, no need to go out of your way i will pop down on wednesday gives me an exscuse to hunt down more shaving gear being the shaving fiend that I am. I will probably just give this soap a go at £3!

Nishy said:
thats very kind of you Jon, no need to go out of your way i will pop down on wednesday gives me an exscuse to hunt down more shaving gear being the shaving fiend that I am. I will probably just give this soap a go at £3!

No worries. I tend to pop in a couple of times a week as it is on my route to lunch spots.

Alas no Arran Aromatics soap on sale today. I'd strongly advise taking a look, the selection is usually really good and top quality.

All the best,

Jon

Nishy,

Just as an aside (and I don't know where you are) but Muji has some very good value glycerin based soaps, that are worth a try. Not too many Muji stores around though, that's the thing.

Cheers,

Jon

Hi Jon I'm based in edgware last stop on the northern line, I haven't heard of any of those stores to be honest, will check online, otherwise will keep checking at TK. Thanks again for the advice.

Hi Jon,

Thank you again for the advice, unfortunately I have not heard of any Muji stores close to me, I live in stanmore/edgware last stop on the northern line. I will continue to check TK but also may check if Muji have an online store.

I was put onto Droyt face soap by another member on TSR.
It is fantastic stuff , smells lovely, dirt cheap, made in England and has high glycerine content.
I buy mine from here http://www.beautynaturals.com/product.aspx?ref=DR-151

Regards

Nishy said:
Hi Jon I'm based in edgware last stop on the northern line, I haven't heard of any of those stores to be honest, will check online, otherwise will keep checking at TK. Thanks again for the advice.

Hi Jon,

Thank you again for the advice, unfortunately I have not heard of any Muji stores close to me, I live in stanmore/edgware last stop on the northern line. I will continue to check TK but also may check if Muji have an online store.

Nishy,

I checked an unopened bar of Arran Aromatics that I have and it lists Glycerin as an ingredient, so definitely is a constituent part of the soap.

Jon

Nishy said:
cheers for that Jon using a soap is doing wonders atm being that were in a tropical climate!

Well I'm running down my facial wash and have an Arran Aromatics soap as next in line for my pre-shave facial prep. If I want a scrub type I use a muslin cloth.

Next time I'm in a TK Maxx (sometime next week) I'll pick up a bar if they have one in and get it over to you, if you'd like

Cheers

Jon

Thank you Jon, im planning on visiting TK Maxx tomorrow as I have a day off, If I find the soap there I will return the favour!

Musso I think mine is called, glycerin based soap I use as a pre shave without washing it off. It has lasted 9 months so far with about another 9 months in it.

I always use either TOBS hair/body shampoo on my face (sandalwood or Mr Taylors) or GTF's Eucris shower gel; they're expensive, but used this way, they last a very long time - they never dry my skin out & I find the beard is well softened too.

Greetings

I have tried all sorts of so called beard prep. soaps / washes and in my opinion (for what it is worth) is that they are all exactly the same in the function they perform; ie they degrease the skin and soften the beard. It matters not whether they are the cheapest soap or the most expensive preparation they serve the same purpose.

I have now given up on them and use Dove liquid soap which I have anyway at all sinks in the house as hand washing soap.

Regards
Dick

Back
Top Bottom