WTB Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave

I recently posted a thread looking for an aftershave lotion with built in 'alum', and have been advised that 'Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave' fulfills that wish.

Does anyone have some of this elixir hanging about a cupboard unloved that they'd be willing to sell? PM me with your best price, and then we can start haggling :icon_razz:

Try Gifts and Care - and while your about it add another three or four bottles to make the postage worthwhile. No- one in their right mind would ever sell you a bottle of their own.

UKRob said:
No- one in their right mind would ever sell you a bottle of their own.

If you've noticed, this forum is full of folk, 'not in their right mind', me included LOL! I've bought loads of half used stuff here, so have my fingers crossed I can pick up an abandoned bottle somehwere...

There was an arrangement a few months ago whereby if you ordered three from G&C you could get another free. Not sure how it could be resurrected but it may be worth a try.

Surely we can save on shipping at least the more we buy. I'm taking till Monday at least to decide what I want. First, plan to visit Carter & Bobd to try smelling the Agua and Metisol, unfortunately along with C and K (which I'm not interested in) that's all they've got. I'm still undecided whether I want the F or Emulsion. The white bottle looks wicked.

Has anyone ever made it to the shop in Barcelona, I've intended to twice recently as was there in business and never manager to. I'm sure if one of the guys on the forum had a bit of Spanish ans sent an email explaining our intrest and demand. The Myrsol guys would figure out how to distribute at a fair price. Ps I have no Spanish.

Dublin [/i]

ffarouki said:
First, plan to visit Carter & Bobd to try smelling the Agua and Metisol,

That's the problem with living in the sticks (Northern Ireland). There is no retailer where I can pop in & see what the product is actually like. Obviously if I fork out in excess of £20 & buy online, and if I don't like it, I'm stuffed. That's why I'm hoping that someone has gone before me, bought it, and discovered its not for them...

(Or would even be willing to decant a bit into an old 'bodyshop' type bottle for me to sample?)

StephenShave said:
ffarouki said:
First, plan to visit Carter & Bobd to try smelling the Agua and Metisol,

That's the problem with living in the sticks (Northern Ireland). There is no retailer where I can pop in & see what the product is actually like. Obviously if I fork out in excess of £20 & buy online, and if I don't like it, I'm stuffed. That's why I'm hoping that someone has gone before me, bought it, and discovered its not for them...

(Or would even be willing to decant a bit into an old 'bodyshop' type bottle for me to sample?)

Problem as I mentioned that C&B only have 2-3 in stock and I'm not sure if they'd let me smell them first :/

I hope I like them and wouldn't have to make an online blind purchase as you said.

If I end up buying any in person this week, sure I can send you samples :)

Alright.. Just sampled them finally. Glad I did! Ended up liking ones I didn't think I would care for and vice versa!

The Metisol had a very faint scent.. Alum or sulfur smelling.. When someone said the brown listerine mouthwash they were spot on.

The Agua smelled exactly like the Le Pere Lucien soap to my nose. Vicks VapoRub, or alright the thyme rosemary and forest etc.

The Limon was lemony.. K was faint mint. Plastic was a powdery smell with a hint of Rose and other fruits. Antesol reminded me slightly of Floid classic.

I got the blue I couldn't resist it :)

Back
Top Bottom