Xmas menu

Altogether 16 mouths to feed this year so a more extensive menu than usual.

Antipasta
Lasagna made with pulled pork, rib eye & ox tail.
Rib of beef & pork belly, fondant spuds, peas french style
Profiteroles & panetone bread & butter pud.
Cheese, fruit & nuts
ECG

Boab said:
I might do a chicken in the BBQ this year

I was almost tempted but I've never done a large bird in the kettle before, Guardian has a bird brining bbq recipe that did look good. Yes Peter I'm cooking/preparing most of it, fortunately most can be done in advance and a mate is doing the desserts.

Thankfully, just myself and SWMBO, so easy time ahead !

Mallard, boned out ( from the back ), with fresh Lemon Thyme, zest from two Clementines, and black pepper.

CHRISTMAS2011005.jpg

Spread inside with homemade Rabbit liver Pate
Add two Pheasant breasts.

CHRISTMAS2011006.jpg

Re-form to ' Duck shape ' and sew up.

CHRISTMAS2011007.jpg

Place on a rack,over a tray containing parsnip, carrots and shallots.

Baste with honey, and fan assist grill for an hour or so, basting several times.

Banoffee ice cream pie afterwards . Made locally:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=portsoy%20ice%20cream%20shop&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CE8QFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.portsoyicecream.co.uk%2F&ei=nE3zTof0K9TO4QT_xtCNCA&usg=AFQjCNFCXhMBTJaemZnLG1i2CdZxX_RqaQ&sig2=1JooA1F31BQqHQN25mizZQ

Ribeye on the BBQ for Boxing Day.

Steve

Breakfast on Christmas Day will be Eggs Benedict. Home-made baked ham (well bacon actually, the Delia recipe), eggs from the hens and bought Hollondaise sauce because I'm not making that on Christmas morning.

Dinner will be the traditional turkey roast with all the trimmings courtesy of my sister-in-law.

In between will be various chocs and snacks, plus Coke. Unlike the boozers I shall be poisoning my body in a different, more sugary way. :-/

Well as my sister has about 12 for dinner we are all contributing to a buffet there will be pork pies from the local farm, cold cuts of meat, an indian selection (my niece great at making all these) plus lots of other home made goodies. So you can eat when and what you want.
So more of a Christmas graze rather than a sit down dinner............and of course lots of alcohol........

missingskin said:
Well as my sister has about 12 for dinner we are all contributing to a buffet there will be pork pies from the local farm, cold cuts of meat, an indian selection (my niece great at making all these) plus lots of other home made goodies. So you can eat when and what you want.
So more of a Christmas graze rather than a sit down dinner............and of course lots of alcohol........

That's a good idea !

Steve

We'll have an extended smorgasboard, a traditional Christmas setting here, but it's to much to list, really. I'm doing my paté, on chicken liver. I don't know for sure how many we'll be, at least 11, but prob 13 (my wifes sisters two daughters aren't for sure right now). Gonna be great fun and a stuffed Mikael, for sure :)

Just us and the two kids, locked in for the day.

Champagne

Local Beef Rib
Roast Spuds & Veggies

Sainsbury Hidden Cherry Christmas Pudd with a bottle of Sweet White

Boxing Day at my Mum's but not all day as SWMBO has to work a night shift. A small price to pay for Christmas Day off.

Me, the wife, our daughter, and the Mother in Law.

Roast gammon
Roast crown of turkey
Roast potatoes
Stuffing: Sausagemeat and sage and onion
Savoy cabbage with bacon and onion
Buttered carrots
Turkey gravy

Me the Wife,Stepson his partner and grandaughter coming up from Glasgow tomorrow.

I will be doing the cooking

Turkey Crown
All the trimmings and a pavlova and xmas pudding.
A few alcoholic beverages will be drank as well.

Back
Top Bottom