Yahoo?!? What have they done??

Not sure if this should be in the techie section, but how many other people here with Yahoo email accounts woke up this morning to find they have totally changed the format to a right mess, impossible to navigate and a total pain. And does anyone at all in the whole world think that this is an improvement?

This is one of my pet hates - the way these internet companies cannot just leave things alone. If it ain't broke, keep fiddling around with things until it is...

This new format really is unworkable; have you seen it? You can't even organise your emails by sender. and all the emails from my site seem to be conglomerated into one - which is now called 'me'!!!!! So, if I get a message through my site, I can't just click reply as I used to, as I may be sending that person every message I've ever received from other customers!!! It's total pants. It even moved me to find my way to their feedback page, which is full of complaints from people like me who went to sleep last night thinking they were safe in the knowledge that their email worked, and woke up today to find a heap of horror on their hands.
If you use Yahoo and this has not yet happened to you, then I guess they are rolling it out gradually.
So next question; any recommendations for an email provider that doesn't regularly freeze (that's being going on for quite a while), and that has a nice logical user friendly format? Or do I have to pay for one like proper businesses do (I presume). And how much does that cost, and can you rely on them not turning into complete user unfriendly **** literally overnight?

So. I just went to my older Yahoo a/c that I don't check very often; all seems as always was. I've had that a/c since at least 2005. The a/c I use most of the time probably since 2010ish or thereabouts. So, maybe they're bringing this in for the newer a/c first? If you're with Yahoo, and this happens to you, can I urge you to click on the little wheel icon top right, click feedback, and post a comment. I can't imagine the comment will be complimentary, and who knows, if enough people do it, they may just have to accept that they've wasted a lot of money on this, and best just to revert. At the moment, and this is the first time I've been bothered to access their f/b page, there are two pages of bemoaners to which I've added. Unless they only did this to about 100 people, I'm guessing they limit how much f/b you can view. Well, they must, as they must have more than two pages, right? Strangely, I've just clicked on the older a/c same icon, and it doesn't have a f/b option.
Yeah, so they can study the behavior of their target population; if this doesn't change ponto, I'll be changing somewhere else. Where????

Sneer away Hunny; so where should I be?

Just checked my two Yahoo accounts - an old American one from 2001 and a newer UK one and they both look the same as since the previous change around Spring time, if I remember right. So looks like I have this to look forward to...

Hope you're able to make sense of it, soapalchemist, I can imagine it's even more frustrating when you have a business to run.

Glad your's is still o.k. PhilD. It's beyond making sense of it. There is no making sense of it. Some people have mentioned not being able to access their folders. EEEEK! I've booked a few days off the day job to prepare for Christmas. Guess I'll be spending some of that finding how to upload the main stuff to my bit of cloud. But then cloudland could do the same...........
This is really making me think I need to go back to paper. And I really don't want to. But technology seems to get away with promising so much, and never delivering what they promise. When we buy a T.V. we expect to plug it in and have it work. O.K. maybe a bit of tuning.....but computer stuff? Am I alone in finding it hard to understand that when I pay for a product, I'm expected to spend hours on a useless helpline and it still doesn't work? O.K. I know I've veered wildly away from Yahoo, which is after all free. But really, this is the icing on the cake.
Call me paranoid, I'm just not trusting the whole cyber thing right now. Internet connection shit (yeah, I said it), email down the swanny. If I was a bunny, I'ld be a very unhappy one. As it is, I'm not a bunny, and I'm a very unhappy not a bunny. Hrrumph!!

Have you checked the often hidden away settings? There may be an option to delay (but probably not indefinitely) the new interface. Google did it with some of their services. For some reason now my gmails come up with the first letter of the sender in capitals in varying colours. Really helpful </sarcasm>. I don't know what it's supposed to mean

NTS - you can change your inbox view via the settings.

I prefer the new Gmail interface. All my mail goes into the Primary tab and all the crap like Amazon's and ebay's go into promotions. Easier to view and delete it.

If you want to pay for a service Sharon I recommend office 365. You will be able to use your nannys domain name with it. I think you can get it for a couple of quid a month per user but can't remember the exact amount I pay.... sorry that is a bit vague and probably not helpful.

£2.60 a month. http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/business/products/exchange-2013#

Can't she/you just use a free email client like Thunderbird and hook it up or do you need to upgrade the service for full POP3 access?

Back
Top Bottom