Yaqi Telstar

LeeMaz

Supporter
Supporter
Yaqi have a newly released stainless steel head out on their website. It looks awfully familiar, almost like a wideboy Karve head, I just can’t put my finger on it but it looks like a clone. I asked if it’s mild or aggressive and they told me it’s a mild head. It looks lovely and means you can pick up a stainless steel razor for about £50 if you grab one of their handles. Very tempted to tryout in the new year once my small mountain of yaqi orders arrive as their postage seem incredibly slow at the moment, (I’ve had orders from elsewhere eg Dscosmetic without issue).
BAA316B4-36AE-4D87-980D-299A10149A67.pngA6E86A01-54C9-424C-9F60-CF91A8DF88CA.png8A55F59C-C8B4-4ADA-83BE-87064CB481FF.png

Attachments

• D231C186-4DAC-438E-AA08-2F8B8FD9EDC0.png
    D231C186-4DAC-438E-AA08-2F8B8FD9EDC0.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 4
Looks like a copy of the Lupo head. Managed to snatch one in Wednesday for £24 incl. VAT- I think I accidentally stumbled in to one of their live sale things when procrastinating.
Thanks I knew I recognised from somewhere. I knew that dale was on and missed it! I’m sure it’ll be up again though, or I’ll wait for the inevitable emporium sale!

I think you are right C. - another contribution to the ongoing debate of homage v's wholesale plagiarism of concept & design.

I.
There's a trend here I. -
  • Dscosmetics T7 = Mamba 70 clone
  • Dscosmetics S9 = Game Changer one
  • Dscosmetics XT = Wunderbar clone
  • Yaqi Telstar = Lupo Clone
  • + Many other Yaqi Zamac heads that are the same as their RazoRock counterparts
I wonder how true the RazoRock claim that their razors are 'Made in Canada' really is. Unusual that the Chinese manufacturers seem to be focusing on cloning a particular manufacturer.

• + Many other Yaqi Zamac heads that are the same as their RazoRock counterparts
I wonder how true the RazoRock claim that their razors are 'Made in Canada' really is. Unusual that the Chinese manufacturers seem to be focusing on cloning a particular manufacturer.
I hope they are made in Canada as it would be a bit off if they weren't.

Man, if the claim that his were made in Canada were found to be a prevarication then he would certainly lose a lot of face in the community. However, in the end I have more faith in the miserliness of the average wet shaver. :whistle:

C. - from double-edges to Yaqi AC's - there is an interesting thread - copied below - from the Damn Fine Shave forum about the Excalibur/Raster including comments from the guy who owns Blackland Razors - funnily enough he is well fcuked off. It's a fair discussion of the copy/stolen/borrow debate. Looks like it contains contributions from some of our own members - I.

I can see Shane (Blackland's) point. Obviously the UK / US have stronger intellectual property rights and legislation.

With other countries being a little shall we say, loose around those things.

I think if your product speaks for itself with performance and materials and your company by its service and reputation. Then this can in some cases outweigh the imitations usually cheaper price.

But I do agree, it's not on especially when you've invested your heart and soul into a product, it's design etc.

Back
Top Bottom