You all get excited over a new brand pack of blades - dont you?'

Yesterday, I received a new (to me) brand of blades, Blue Diamond, that were recommended on this forum. I couldn't wait to use them this morning, and was not disappointed. Fitted them into my Merkur 34c slant, and they glided through my beard.

Does anyone else get excited over a new pack of blades, or is it just me?? :s

$T2eC16ZHJHkFFmGy7Z72BRd)QwNSIg~~60_1.JPG

Blades were my first obsession when I got in to this DE malarky so I understand totally.

whenever I order something I still feel the need to buy some blades as well, especially if I haven't tried them.

Mr_Smartepants said:
I got 400 of those blades. They're dirt cheap and very nice, but not as nice as my current favorite: Supermax Super Platinums

Please, you know that's cruel - you can already tell I'm vulnerable to suggestion & have the beginnings of an obsession. Yet you recommend another type of blade to me? Come on, that's just not fair - I know resistance is futile, so I'm off to Ebay now... :icon_razz::icon_razz:

I bought some of exactly that order ... 100, I think. I've used them before, so know how they play for me. Love 'em. Hand stop them and they'll play well from the off. I'm sure Mr Smartepants is a gent and will send you a Super Plat to compare :D

Yeah, a fresh pack of blades. Lovely. Sort of like a fresh pack of cigs? Maybe just longing, as an ex-smoker.

Blue Diamonds are the Blue Death! Couldn't give mine away quickly enough....but yes, new blades always hold a bit of eager fascination.

'nuther Blue Diamond fan here - it's the first blade I've really clicked with. They're incredibly smooth on my skin. I may need to make three passes and a little polishing, but I don't mind. I don't feel them, and I think that's how it should be. Lucky me … I've got 9 more fresh packs to open.

I wouldn't say excited... more-so hopeful, especially when they're either really, really cheap or really, really expensive.

The cheap ones you're thinking... "can they really be that cheap and be a decent performer". The expensive... "50c a blade, these better be damn good".

My last purchase - Supermax Super Platinums, I shaved twice with one and they didn't excite me at all. That being said, I'm going to try them again next week in my Futur as it seems to get the best out of many a blade for me.

As a new DE shaver I view new blades with a combination of trepidation and excitement, yes they could be superb, but, they cold help me take my face off :D

I have tried a couple of blades from the huge assortment pack I got from the bay of eee and for weekday shaves have stuck with the Derby, it's run of the mill, but after only 1 week I was shaving without any minor nicks and have maintained that for the subsequent couple of weeks, not something I can say of the feather, or the Astra summat or other I've tried on the Sundays in between, happily Sunday gives me enough time to stop leaking before the wife takes me outside :D

Back
Top Bottom