You favourite TTO razor?

I've got 2 TTO razors, both bought in the last month, a Timor and a Feather Popular. I like the Feather a lot and it's been getting a lot of shaving time just recently.

I've been looking at vintage but at the moment I'm too stuck on modern razors although I nearly pulled the trigger on a superspeed last month. this may well happen some time this year.

i love the ease of blade removal and i do like the shave

currently using a fat boy and a aristo jr both are good and i love the weight of a red tip

fatboy edges it for me because it looks the bollocks

Griffo said:
I've got 2 TTO razors, both bought in the last month, a Timor and a Feather Popular. I like the Feather a lot and it's been getting a lot of shaving time just recently.

I've been looking at vintage but at the moment I'm too stuck on modern razors although I nearly pulled the trigger on a superspeed last month. this may well happen some time this year.

If you're looking for a nice Vintage TTO, I've got a #59 Rocket in excellent condition I'm looking to move on, no brassing or pitting. If you're interested PM me.

Thanks fellas, I have started with a 58 Superspeed which I have been very impressed with and next up is a US Aristocrat.

Still like more suggestions!

The Timor is a lovely looking razor (IMO) but is it any good?

The Feather looks a bit of a bargain, fifteen quid delivered with Derby blades included. I think it's twenty quid without the Derby blades!

fatboys are adjustable razors you have 9 levels of aggressiveness, some prefer the later model with the slimmer handle

for me they have weight, give an excellent shave and look stunning. as they are over 50 years old they are becoming rarer because only the best survived and hence there is a premium price, other newer 60/70s slim and black beauty adjustables are more common

a decent model will go for around 50-70£ on here maybe more on ebay all depends on the day.

if you get a nice one or one that just needs replating it will last another 50 years

Al H said:
this site gets camper by the minute

Last time I was getting my hair cut; there were 3 men in there talking about shaving and waxing their arseholes. One, and I quote, gets his "Mach 3 right in there". I don't really know what to say...

The Fatboy was made from 58 to 61 and was then followed by the slim with a longer and thinner handle. Fatboy head is more rounded and blade exposure milder across the settings. I prefer it to the Slim for all these readons

I have a Fatboy a Slim and a Black Beauty. Have yet to shave with the Slim: it only just arrived and this week is German week!
The FB is a very fine razor, a joy to behold and use, but, for me, the BB is even better - perhaps not in looks but certainly in performance. I'd agree that the FB is milder. Setting 6 on the FB needs about setting 3 on the BB. Might be just my examples, of course. As they say: YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom