You know you're obsessed when .......

I visited a flea market which had just started up in town. All sorts of stuff but I came across a stall selling old tools with a box of old straights and DE's and a whole range of interesting old sharpening stones and hones, the next stall was staffed by a lady in a sari selling Indian spices which also had Alum blocks, shaving creams and Old Spice Lime.

Then I woke up!:icon_sad:

Ha ha, I was just starting to get excited for you then. :icon_razz:

The thing is, that's just a typical Sunday morning for Sunbury... :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_mrgreen:

Mr Benn walked into my shop and as if by magic I suddenly appeared!

I was selling the sharpest straight razors known to man, beautiful DE razors, chunky American ones, hi-tech Japanese ones, cheap Chinese ones, flamboyant French ones, exotic Indian ones, quality British razors all supplied with the best blades from the four corners of the earth, the softest soaps in the world applied by the finest brushes, complemented by the most aromatic after-shaves and balms available anywhere, at any price..........

In short I had the finest shaving emporium on the planet,

And then I woke up!!!!!!:icon_cry2:

.......you bid $525 for a vintage straight razor lot on the bay (and come out not to be the winning bidder) :icon_rolleyes:

.......you start to seriously look at custom straight razors :icon_eek: (yes, I did that y'day and yes, Andy, you right it can really get out of hand, and yes, Mikael you should be worried even more now :p)

.......you buy two different custom variants of essentially the same brush model (more in the upcoming 'Acquisitions' threads)

.......etc.

Back
Top Bottom