Your #1 Value For Money Shave Item

As a newcomer to the DE shaving world, my shave gear collection has started off at the lower end of the spectrum price-wise.

However, I've been really pleased with the results I'm getting so far without having to spend a fortune.

It got me thinking about the subject of value for money: undoubtedly, the latest £20 Italian artisan soap is better than the 50p Palmolive shave stick, but is it really 40 times better?

If you had to name one item in your collection, hardware or software, that provides the best value for money, what would it be? Remember, I'm not necessarily talking "cheap"; it could potentially be something relatively expensive, but is worth, in your eyes, every penny.

Gillette Tech-if you are patient you can score one for lest than 10 pounds
Tabac-not the cheapest and the scent is not for everyone but for me it beats everything.
Arko/Palmolive sticks-a must have
Denim Musk aftershave-currently 3.99 with free delivery on ebay or the Original for 4.50
Florida Water cologne
Wet shaving trade/sale facebook groups, a massive money saver

As a newcomer to the DE shaving world, my shave gear collection has started off at the lower end of the spectrum price-wise.

However, I've been really pleased with the results I'm getting so far without having to spend a fortune.

It got me thinking about the subject of value for money: undoubtedly, the latest £20 Italian artisan soap is better than the 50p Palmolive shave stick, but is it really 40 times better?

If you had to name one item in your collection, hardware or software, that provides the best value for money, what would it be? Remember, I'm not necessarily talking "cheap"; it could potentially be something relatively expensive, but is worth, in your eyes, every penny.

artisan doesn't mean anything in regards to quality, or the product being better then everything else. Spend enough time perusing forums, you can and will find, for every glowing review and comment on any item, a negative one.

meaning, for every glowing review on how wonderful a 40$ soap from truefitt and hill for example, you can find another review telling you its run of the mill stuff, that isn't better at providing a shave then a 10$ tub of taylors, or even a shave as good as what a 50p stick of Palmolive provides.

artisan doesn't mean anything in regards to quality, or the product being better then everything else. Spend enough time perusing forums, you can and will find, for every glowing review and comment on any item, a negative one.

meaning, for every glowing review on how wonderful a 40$ soap from truefitt and hill for example, you can find another review telling you its run of the mill stuff, that isn't better at providing a shave then a 10$ tub of taylors, or even a shave as good as what a 50p stick of Palmolive provides.

Yeah, that's kind of the point of my post; the relationship between quality and cost isn't always linear.

Just interested in finding out which items people (in their own opinions) regard as exceeding expectation in terms of performance, compared to how much the item costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up an Omega 10005 wooden handled boar brush from a supermarket for about 5 dollars whilst on holiday in Canada.
I ordered a Whipped Dog 24mm synthetic brush for about £20.
Both brushes are top performers of mine and end up being most used.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom