Your #1 Value For Money Shave Item

Very interesting question...

Brush: Kent Infinity Silvertex available for £10 in the nearest John Lewis store
Soap: MWF/Kent Luxury soap less than £6 at John Lewis (I do not work for them)
Cream: Erasmic cream £1.50 at Savers, Groom shave cream when available in special offer at Lidl for £1.30
Razor: Egyptian Lord L6 (with its Merkur HD/34C head) around $10 from Ebay, Chinese Rimei razor at €4 from DX
AS: Forest fresh AS lotion by Superdrug £2-3, very versatile office safe AS lotion with a greenish citrus scent

On the other hand, from my own experience, I would consider a Progress at £40-50 to be a good value for the money on the long term.

Arko shave stick= here it is more expensive than Palmolive but I bought some when I went to Turkey, it comes to just under 30p each!!
Turkish Boar brush= Yes Omegas are fantastic brushes, great quality and value for money but again similar story as Arko, bought this brush and the performance is great and it was just over £2!!
Aqua Velva= American version is great, again it is very cheap in USA but I managed to buy a small bottle delivered from USA around £5!!

Not surprised to see the budget shave sticks get lots of love.. my experience of them so far has been really positive.

Interesting to note the Fatip Piccolo get several mentions.. it doesn't seem to be one of the more talked about razors on these forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprised to see the budget shave sticks get lots of love.. my experience of them so far has been really positive.

Interesting to note the Fatip Piccolo get several mentions.. it doesn't seem to be one of the more talked about razors on these forums.

If you look at the SOTD posts you will see a few people who use them.
I'd recommend the Fatip to anyone. Although it has got a rep for being aggressive I would disagree. I'd say it's efficient and smooth. I haven't had a bad shave with it yet. I've used a number of different blades and it's not fussy at all.

I tried the Muhle R41 before the Fatip and that is very aggressive and not very smooth at all.

The Fatip wins hands down for me.

Last edited:
If you look at the SOTD posts you will see a few people who use them.
I'd recommend the Fatip to anyone. Although it has got a rep for being aggressive I would disagree. I'd say it's effective and smooth. I haven't had a bad shave with it yet. I've used a number of different blades and it's not fussy at all.

I tried the Muhle R41 before the Fatip and that is very aggressive and not very smooth at all.

The Fatip wins hands down for me.

EDIT: The only thing I don't rate is the handle, too short and too thin. I use my ATT handles instead.

-1 for the Palmolive stick.
Bought one in the early days, used it a few times then found that just about every soap was better and smelt better. I even bought a backup one which has not been opened and probably never will. So, from a value for money point of view, a waste of dosh. At least it's cheap.
Life's too short to use Palmolive.

The Lord L6 is an excellent razor for the money, it was my first DE, I PIFed it and it's still in use.
Brush wise I would have said a 404 but I think I'd now go for a Vie-Long horse hair.

Got a 404 on order.. looking forward to trying it. It seems to have a great reputation.

Back
Top Bottom